    it to a DVD? My Nero software wants to burn it as a data file only.

    Thanks!
    Scott

    Scott, Oct 27, 2006

  2. Scott

    Mikey Guest

    convertxtodvd is great

    vso software.

    Mikey

    Mikey, Oct 27, 2006

  3. Scott

    Mikey Guest

    Forgot to mention, As far as I remember it will also convers SWF, FLA, AVI,
    Tons of other files too.

    With or without menus.

    Have Fun

    Mikey

    Mikey, Oct 27, 2006
  4. Scott

    anthony Guest

    Mikey wrote:
    > Forgot to mention, As far as I remember it will also convers SWF, FLA, AVI,
    > Tons of other files too.
    >
    > With or without menus.
    >
    > Have Fun
    >
    > Mikey

    There must be a problem with your version of Nero. Mine gives option
    'make your own DVD', and it automatically converts AVI to DVD (or Vob)
    format for burning. Works every time.

    anthony, Oct 28, 2006
  5. Scott

    Scott Guest

    anthony wrote:

    > Mikey wrote:
    > > Forgot to mention, As far as I remember it will also convers SWF, FLA, AVI,
    > > Tons of other files too.
    > >
    > > With or without menus.
    > >
    > > Have Fun
    > >
    > > Mikey

    > There must be a problem with your version of Nero. Mine gives option
    > 'make your own DVD', and it automatically converts AVI to DVD (or Vob)
    > format for burning. Works every time.

    anthony,

    What version of Nero do you have?

    Thanks!
    Scott

    Scott, Oct 28, 2006
  6. Scott

    JoeBloe Guest

    On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:36:49 -0500, Scott <> Gave us:

    >I was able to convert a .swf movie to .avi. What's the best way to burn
    >it to a DVD? My Nero software wants to burn it as a data file only.
    >
    >Thanks!
    >Scott

    Wrong group!

    JoeBloe, Oct 28, 2006
  7. Scott

    Netmask Guest

    "Scott" <> wrote in message

    > anthony wrote:
    >>
    >> Mikey wrote:
    >> > Forgot to mention, As far as I remember it will also convers SWF, FLA,
    >> > AVI,
    >> > Tons of other files too.
    >> >
    >> > With or without menus.
    >> >
    >> > Have Fun
    >> >
    >> > Mikey

    >> There must be a problem with your version of Nero. Mine gives option
    >> 'make your own DVD', and it automatically converts AVI to DVD (or Vob)
    >> format for burning. Works every time.

    > anthony,
    >
    > What version of Nero do you have?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Scott

    Which Nero program are you talking about, Nero Recode or NeroExpress or
    NeroVisionExpress?

    Netmask, Oct 29, 2006
  8. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Update:

    It looks like I need Nero Vision Express to burn a DVD from an .avi file. I
    only have Nero Express v6.1.25.

    Here's what I'm looking for. If I email someone the 22mb .avi file, would they
    be willing to burn it to a DVD file? Then, would they email the DVD compatible
    file back to me, so that I can copy it to a blank DVD, so that it can be played
    on any DVD player?

    I managed to find software to convert my .swf file to .avi, but it just doesn't
    want to burn it onto a DVD. I found shareware to convert from .avi to DVD format,
    but the output on the trial version contains a watermark. I'm doing this as a
    favor to a friend. He doesn't have a fully-configured DVD burner. I only need to
    do this one time, so I prefer not to spend $30.00 on the software.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks!
    Scott

    Scott, Oct 29, 2006
  9. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Netmask wrote:

    > "Scott" <> wrote in message
    > >

    > > anthony wrote:

    > >> There must be a problem with your version of Nero. Mine gives option
    > >> 'make your own DVD', and it automatically converts AVI to DVD (or Vob)
    > >> format for burning. Works every time.

    > > anthony,
    > >
    > > What version of Nero do you have?
    > >
    > > Thanks!
    > > Scott

    > Which Nero program are you talking about, Nero Recode or NeroExpress or
    > NeroVisionExpress?

    anthony,

    It looks like I need Nero Vision Express to burn a DVD from an .avi file. I
    only have Nero Express v6.1.25.

    Here's what I'm looking for. If I email someone the 22mb .avi file, would they
    be willing to burn it to a DVD file? Then, would they email the DVD compatible
    file back to me, so that I can copy it to a blank DVD, so that it can be played
    on any DVD player?

    I managed to find software to convert my .swf file to .avi, but it just doesn't
    want to burn it onto a DVD. I found shareware to convert from .avi to DVD format,
    but the output on the trial version contains a watermark. I'm doing this as a
    favor to a friend. He doesn't have a fully-configured DVD burner. I only need to
    do this one time, so I prefer not to spend $30.00 on the software.

    Can you help?

    Thanks!
    Scott

    Scott, Oct 29, 2006
  10. Scott

    Scott Guest

    JoeBloe wrote:

    > On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:36:49 -0500, Scott <> Gave us:
    >
    > >I was able to convert a .swf movie to .avi. What's the best way to burn
    > >it to a DVD? My Nero software wants to burn it as a data file only.
    > >
    > >Thanks!
    > >Scott

    > Wrong group!

    JoeBloe,

    So, what is the right group?

    Scott

    Scott, Oct 29, 2006
  11. Scott

    Mark M Guest

    There are lots of programs to create and burn DVDs from AVI files.
    Try for example AVS Video Converter
    http://www.best-video-converter.com/avs-video-converter.html

    It supports virtually all video formats and burns DVDs:
    - Video: AVI, DivX, XviD (*.avi, *.divx, *.div), MPEG-4, H.264 (*.mp4,
    *.m4v), MPEG-1, MPEG-2 (*.mpeg, *.mpg, *.m1v, *.m2v, *.dat, *.mpe), DVD
    (*.ifo, *.vob, *.vro), DV AVI (*.avi, *.dv, *.dif), Quick Time (*.mov,
    *.qt), WMV, WMV-HD (*.wmv, *.asf), 3GPP, H.263 (*.3gp, *.3g2, *.3gpp,
    *.3gp2), Real Video (*.rm, *.rmvb), SWF (*.swf), DVR-MS (*.dvr-ms);

    By the way how did you manage to convert SWF file to AVI?

    Mark M, Oct 29, 2006
  12. Scott

    JoeBloe Guest

    On 29 Oct 2006 01:08:07 -0800, "Mark M"
    <> Gave us:

    snipped ad.

    >...By the way how did you manage to convert SWF file to AVI?

    Very inventive method to showcase your product.

    JoeBloe, Oct 29, 2006
  13. Scott

    Scott Guest

    Mark M wrote:

    > There are lots of programs to create and burn DVDs from AVI files.
    > Try for example AVS Video Converter
    > http://www.best-video-converter.com/avs-video-converter.html
    >
    > It supports virtually all video formats and burns DVDs:
    > - Video: AVI, DivX, XviD (*.avi, *.divx, *.div), MPEG-4, H.264 (*.mp4,
    > *.m4v), MPEG-1, MPEG-2 (*.mpeg, *.mpg, *.m1v, *.m2v, *.dat, *.mpe), DVD
    > (*.ifo, *.vob, *.vro), DV AVI (*.avi, *.dv, *.dif), Quick Time (*.mov,
    > *.qt), WMV, WMV-HD (*.wmv, *.asf), 3GPP, H.263 (*.3gp, *.3g2, *.3gpp,
    > *.3gp2), Real Video (*.rm, *.rmvb), SWF (*.swf), DVR-MS (*.dvr-ms);
    >
    > By the way how did you manage to convert SWF file to AVI?

    Mark,

    Does AVS Video Converter's trial version put a watermark on the output? I
    only need to use the program once.

    Scott

    Scott, Oct 29, 2006
  14. Scott

    anthony Guest

    > anthony,
    >
    > What version of Nero do you have?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Scott

    It's an early form of Version 6 .. I find it better for my system than
    Nero 7,

    anthony, Oct 31, 2006
  15. Scott

    Mikey Guest

    CONVERTXTODVD

    30 Day Trial NO Watermark.

    Will convert the SWF straight to DVD.

    Mikey

    Mikey, Oct 31, 2006
  16. Scott

    AZ Nomad Guest

    On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 21:23:27 GMT, Mikey <> wrote:

    >CONVER....

    >yadayadayada

    >Will convert the S...

    >Mikey

    Includes free a case of spam and no charge spmbot software for every tenth
    caller.

    AZ Nomad, Oct 31, 2006
  17. Scott wrote:
    > I was able to convert a .swf movie to .avi. What's the best way to burn
    > it to a DVD? My Nero software wants to burn it as a data file only.

    You've got some more converting to do. Check out www.videohelp.com

    Well, whaddaya know? War WAS the answer, after all. Go figure.

    A lone Micronaut lost in a world of Star Wars action figures,
    (The Excessively Parenthetical) Geena-- Worrier Princess

    "Reciprocity... is the key to every relationship."
    --LAPD Capt. Dudley Smith (James Cromwell), in L.A. Confidential

    "Andy Warhol once said that everyone would be famous for fifteen
    minutes. The unfortunate corollary is that everyone will also appear in
    a Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie for fifteen minutes."
    --me

    "This is like driving a Rolls Royce, naked, in mink underpants."
    --Tony Bourdain

    "You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
    but at the very least you need a beer."
    -- Frank Zappa

    "I'm not sayin' it's the best thing in the world FOR ya; I'm just sayin'
    it's the best thing in the world."
    -- Alton Brown

    "The most preposterous notion that H. sapiens has ever dreamed up is
    that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes,
    wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their
    prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet
    this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all
    the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in
    all history."
    -- Robert Heinlein

    Geena Phillips, Jan 27, 2007