    Any info appreciated

    Cheers,

    Sean

    Sean, Oct 3, 2003

  2. On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 22:29:05 +0100, Sean <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have an AVI file around 4.3GB which i want to burn as a file to DVD.
    >But every attempt results in an error and on the burnt DVD itself, the
    >file only comes out to around 253Mb.

    If you want to burn it as data it should fit. If you want to make a
    playable DVD that's a whole different kettle of fish. You need to
    render it to Mpeg2 with Tmpeg etc, also you need to create a separate
    Mpeg, PCM, or AC3 soundtrack. Then these assets are imported into a
    DVD authoring program such as TmpgencDVDauthor.

    ..Steve .

    Steve(JazzHunter), Oct 3, 2003

  3. "Sean" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an AVI file around 4.3GB which i want to burn as a file to DVD.
    > But every attempt results in an error and on the burnt DVD itself, the
    > file only comes out to around 253Mb.
    >
    > is there a problem with files over 4Gb being burnt on DVD? Is it a
    > file system issue? and is there a work around for this problem without
    > having to split the AVI?
    >
    > Any info appreciated
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Sean

    This is interesting. If windows is telling you that the file is 4.3gb (BTW,
    wtf is 4.3gb in avi format, unless its uncompressed?????), then it is
    4403MB. To store this type of file on your hard drive, you must have NTFS,
    otherwise you'd have an error writing it at 4GB (FAT32 is limited to 4GB
    files).

    Now, the 253MB part is strange. When you take the 253MB away from the
    4403MB, you get 4150MB, which is 4.0527GB. Rather random point, isn't it?

    AFAIK, DVD doesn't have a file size limit, but I never really checked it
    out.

    Even if you have to, split the file at about 1/2 way, then make a playlist &
    just play the playlist instead of each file....it should appear rather
    seamless when you play it (particularly if you split it at a point where it
    'fades to black').

    Anonymous Joe, Oct 6, 2003