    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 24, 2004

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 15:49:04 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
    >
    > well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x
    > on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

    And your OS is?

    Your hardware is?
    Gordon, Oct 24, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    cowboyz Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
    >
    > well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at
    > 48x on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

    yep, he also said you can't burn direct from cd to cd with both drives on
    the same cable. He was wrong there too. Nothing unusal I know.
    cowboyz, Oct 24, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Max Burke Guest

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz scribbled:
    > Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
    > well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at
    > 48x on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

    What software?

    Found Images
    Max Burke, Oct 24, 2004
  5. Gordon wrote:
    >>Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
    >>well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x
    >>on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

    > And your OS is?
    > Your hardware is?

    XP-pro for the moment, using Nero for doing the burning.
    Mobo is some $114 piece of crap(ass-rock?) with onboard everything, 768
    MB of ram at the moment.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 24, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    GraB Guest

    On Sun, 24 Oct 2004 23:01:14 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Gordon wrote:
    >>>Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
    >>>well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x
    >>>on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

    >> And your OS is?
    >> Your hardware is?

    >XP-pro for the moment, using Nero for doing the burning.
    >Mobo is some $114 piece of crap(ass-rock?) with onboard everything, 768
    >MB of ram at the moment.

    So, ASRock gets your crap award. Why? I use the K7VT2 mobo for
    Athlon, 266. Pretty happy with it. They are know as a stable mobo.

    Here is an interesting ASRock mobo:
    http://www.ocworkbench.com/2004/asrock/k7upgrade-880/g1.htm

    Allows one to use an XP series CPU then upgrade to an Athlon 64 later,
    without having to get a new mobo, just plug in a card and you're away.
    GraB, Oct 24, 2004
  7. GraB wrote:
    >>XP-pro for the moment, using Nero for doing the burning.
    >>Mobo is some $114 piece of crap(ass-rock?) with onboard everything, 768
    >>MB of ram at the moment.

    > So, ASRock gets your crap award. Why? I use the K7VT2 mobo for
    > Athlon, 266. Pretty happy with it. They are know as a stable mobo.

    Cant say that I give it my crap award*... it does what it is meant to,
    holds the other cards in it etc.

    I just meant that it was just a cheap "shitter" mobo for a quick
    replacement, if it was bad, I would have replaced it, but no complaints
    sofar.

    > Here is an interesting ASRock mobo:
    > http://www.ocworkbench.com/2004/asrock/k7upgrade-880/g1.htm
    > Allows one to use an XP series CPU then upgrade to an Athlon 64 later,
    > without having to get a new mobo, just plug in a card and you're away.

    indeed, read about it, find it quite interesting.
    not that I understand how it would work at all, but I would have put the
    K7 on the daughterboard, and had the mobo available as a stand alone
    socket 754 aswell(with socket removed like other boards seem to do).

    I would assume that it would save on dev costs so essencially you can
    use one mobo for two markets... but umm yeah, like I said, no idea on
    how it would work. :/

    *No hardware has been given my crap award yet, I havent found a piece to
    be that bad... they have only been limited by their own specs, which is
    more my fault for getting said hardware.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 24, 2004
  8. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    EMB Guest

    Gordon wrote:

    > And your OS is?

    Installed on my hardware

    > Your hardware is?

    Owned by me with my OS installed on it.

    :)

    --
    EMB
    EMB, Oct 24, 2004
  9. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Geoff Wood Guest

    > Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
    >
    > well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x on
    > a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

    Dunno, but I regularly burn 14 at once without problems.

    geoff
    Geoff Wood, Oct 29, 2004
  10. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Mr Scebe Guest

    > Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
    >
    > well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x
    > on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

    Impressive, does it make toast?

    --
    Mr Scebe
    ~Sean Connery in "The Rock"
    Mr Scebe, Nov 10, 2004
  11. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Richard Guest

    Mr Scebe wrote:

    > "Dave - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Who was it a while back that said that it isn't possible? woger maybe?
    >>
    >>well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x
    >>on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

    > Impressive, does it make toast?

    I do it quite regually, not of the LAN for obvious reasons, I keep that to one
    at a time.

    DVD and CD-R at the same time is fine too, and they are both on the same IDE
    cable to.
    Richard, Nov 10, 2004
  12. Mr Scebe wrote:
    >>well, whoever it was, you're wrong, I just burned two 650MB isos at 48x
    >>on a sumsung CDRW and an MSI DVD+-RW/CDRW, both turned out fine.

    > Impressive, does it make toast?

    no, but I am looking at a USB George Foreman Grill
    so I guess I could use that for toast.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 10, 2004