Burner Program(s) Don't Recognize DVD Writers

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by John, Dec 31, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    I recently had a BIG problem with Windows and had to reload from the
    beginning, so I've had difficulties with some of the software/hardware
    not operating corerectly!

    I can "read" CD's and DVD's on both my DVD/CD drives but none of my
    burner programs "see" either drive. According to Windows device
    manager, I have a generic DVD/CD drive and a Toshiba DVD SD-R5272
    drive.

    I tried changing the parameters of each of the drive (in DM) to have
    "DMA" (I thought someone told me that a long time ago) but that
    doesn't get Nero or Click-n-Burn Pro to "see" either.

    Any suggestions to get them to "write" with these programs?

    John

    John, Dec 31, 2004

  2. John

    Fozzie Guest

    Suggest you uninstall Nero. Make sure Registry has nothing pointing to Nero.
    Then re-install Nero.

    Fozzie, Dec 31, 2004

  3. John

    John Guest

    I tried that but it didn't recognize drives on the computer.

    I alos have several other CD/DVD burner programs like HotBurn which
    also report "HotBurn did not detect a CD-R/RW in your system."
    The two CD/DVD +R/RW drives I have are: an IOMagic DVDRW 1008 and a
    Toshiba DVD/CD RW model # R-5272.

    I can't find anything like this in any searches I do with key words
    like CD/DVD drive not detected, etc.

    Wonder if it is a glitch in the ASPI drivers (I'm running Windows
    98SE.)

    Any other thoughts, anyone?

    John

    John, Jan 1, 2005