    burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
    songs on a cd before it cancels its self.

    Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it.
    Oberon, Feb 28, 2006

  2. Oberon

    Jeff Evans Guest

    Oberon wrote:
    > When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
    > always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
    > with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
    > burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
    > songs on a cd before it cancels its self.
    >
    > Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it.

    What programs are you using? What burner do you have? What errors do
    you get? I used to get "Power calibration error"s on my laptop, which
    turned out to be a very common problem. Using higher quality media
    helped in my case.
    Jeff Evans, Feb 28, 2006

  3. Oberon

    Oberon Guest

    Jeff Evans wrote:
    > Oberon wrote:
    > > When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
    > > always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
    > > with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
    > > burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
    > > songs on a cd before it cancels its self.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it.

    > What programs are you using? What burner do you have? What errors do
    > you get? I used to get "Power calibration error"s on my laptop, which
    > turned out to be a very common problem. Using higher quality media
    > helped in my case.

    I use Sony Sonic Stage and my mom and sister use EasyCD Creator and
    Real Player cd creator option. We all get the same error, it simply
    says it cannot read or write, depending on when it messes up. I'm
    starting to think the M: drive it's self is broken.
    Oberon, Feb 28, 2006
  4. Oberon wrote:
    > When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
    > always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
    > with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
    > burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
    > songs on a cd before it cancels its self.
    >
    > Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it.

    Try burning at a lower speed.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 28, 2006
  5. Oberon

    Oberon Guest

    Thanks I'll try that Brian
    Oberon, Feb 28, 2006
  6. Oberon

    Oberon Guest

    And how might I go about that. I've never taken my computer apart and
    I'm not sure my mom will let me now that I think about it.
    Oberon, Feb 28, 2006
  7. Oberon wrote:

    > Jeff Evans wrote:
    >
    >>Oberon wrote:
    >>
    >>>When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
    >>>always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
    >>>with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
    >>>burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
    >>>songs on a cd before it cancels its self.
    >>>
    >>>Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it.

    >>What programs are you using? What burner do you have? What errors do
    >>you get? I used to get "Power calibration error"s on my laptop, which
    >>turned out to be a very common problem. Using higher quality media
    >>helped in my case.

    > I use Sony Sonic Stage and my mom and sister use EasyCD Creator and
    > Real Player cd creator option. We all get the same error, it simply
    > says it cannot read or write, depending on when it messes up. I'm
    > starting to think the M: drive it's self is broken.

    Have you ever cleaned the lens?
    It could just be that the unit itself is shot, they are cheap enough
    these days, a replacement might be the order of the day.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 28, 2006
  8. Oberon wrote:

    > And how might I go about that. I've never taken my computer apart and
    > I'm not sure my mom will let me now that I think about it.

    You don't need to take anything apart, just buy a cleaner from your
    local PC shop.
    It is a cd with a bottle of cleaning fluid, you place a couple of drops
    onto the brush on the cd , place it into the tray, close the draw and
    let it spin a few times.
    remove the cd, leave the tray open to a minute or two let the fluid
    evaporate, and you should be good to go.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 28, 2006
  9. Oberon

    Plato Guest

    Oberon wrote:

    > When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
    > always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
    > with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
    > burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
    > songs on a cd before it cancels its self.

    How much space is left on C:?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 1, 2006
  10. Oberon

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Oberon" <> wrote in news:1141168062.027588.306410
    @z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

    > When ever anyone tries to burn anything, music, mp3 cds, data, there's
    > always a problem. At first it was just taking a very long time to burn
    > with any of the burning apps. About a week ago it started to stop
    > burning in the middle of creating the cd. And now I can barely get 5
    > songs on a cd before it cancels its self.
    >
    > Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can fix it.

    Try a different brand of CDRs.

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, Mar 1, 2006
  11. Oberon

    Oberon Guest

    Thanks for the help guys, I slowed the speed down and now it works
    great.
    Oberon, Mar 5, 2006