    Thanks for help.

    Matir

    --

    Matir, Jan 8, 2006

  2. Matir

    bambam Guest

    "Matir" <> wrote in
    news:dps5qf$3tq$:

    > I've burned my Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 80GB hard disk :( yesterday by
    > a mistake I did, what is impossible-I pluged power cable in wrong
    > way-inversely. Computer had started for 0,1s and turned down
    > instantly(only the power led once blinked). Now, I think that disk
    > make a short-circuit, becouse when it is connected, the computer don't
    > start up.But when I disconnect this drive, it starts correctly and
    > other disks work.
    >
    > Did anybody have the same problem? I need to recover my files...
    >
    > I've found identic disk on Ebay (the same size, type, firmware). If I
    > replace elektronic from new one to burned one will it works? Is there
    > any chances that hard disk destroy new controller?

    Backup, backup, backup!
    Sorry I had to do that. ;)
    After a quick google I think you might be able to do what you want, but I'm
    no expert so best to wait for one.
    Couple of interesting links:

    http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035_11-1053837.html

    http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000840067578/

    bambam, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Matir

    JD Guest

    bambam wrote:
    > "Matir" <> wrote in
    >

    >>I've burned my Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 80GB hard disk :( yesterday by
    >>a mistake I did, what is impossible-I pluged power cable in wrong
    >>way-inversely. Computer had started for 0,1s and turned down
    >>instantly(only the power led once blinked). Now, I think that disk
    >>make a short-circuit, becouse when it is connected, the computer don't
    >>start up.But when I disconnect this drive, it starts correctly and
    >>other disks work.
    >>
    >>Did anybody have the same problem? I need to recover my files...
    >>
    >>I've found identic disk on Ebay (the same size, type, firmware). If I
    >>replace elektronic from new one to burned one will it works? Is there
    >>any chances that hard disk destroy new controller?

    > Backup, backup, backup!
    > Sorry I had to do that. ;)
    > After a quick google I think you might be able to do what you want, but I'm
    > no expert so best to wait for one.
    > Couple of interesting links:
    >
    > http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035_11-1053837.html
    >
    > http://www.hackaday.com/entry/1234000840067578/

    Hard drives used to come in two parts in the old days (dark ages even)
    the hard drive and daughter board. it should be very possible to use the
    daughter board from the newer drive to repair the old drive as long as
    the mechanics in the hard drive casing have not been damaged.
    It will have to be the EXACT same hard drive.

    JD

    JD, Jan 9, 2006