    contain the clips (I have about 1 hour of DV/AVI quality recording).

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Danny Deger

    Danny Deger, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Danny Deger

    Steve Guest

    You need to find your footage, most probably its an .wmv file. Roxio should
    work with this file type.

    Steve, Jul 22, 2003

  3. Danny Deger

    PapaJohn Guest

    The COL file is the database of clip info that is maintained by Movie Maker.
    It contains only pointers to the source files and thumbnail images. It's
    only use is by Movie Maker. Your source files would be the AVI files that
    the clips point to (check the properties of a clip to see which source file
    it is associated with).

    PapaJohn

    PapaJohn, Jul 22, 2003
  4. Danny Deger

    PapaJohn Guest

    PS - the .COL file is the database of clip info for MM1.
    The database file of collection information for MM2 is in the MEDIATAB1.DAT
    (or MEDIATAB0.DAT) file in the folder.

    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner (or user name)\Local Settings\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Movie Maker\

    If you have multiple users, there is a separate database file for each.

    PapaJohn

    PapaJohn, Jul 22, 2003
  5. "Danny Deger" <> wrote in message
    > I recorded a DV tape with Movie Maker. I can see all the clips in my
    > collection. I just bought a DVD burner that comes with Roxio 6, but

    can't
    > figure out how to:
    > 1. Get Movie Maker to burn the DVD
    > 2. Move my clips over to where Roxio can get them.
    >
    > I found my *.col file and it is only 4M. This isn't nearly big enough to
    > contain the clips (I have about 1 hour of DV/AVI quality recording).
    >
    > Thanks in advance for your help.
    >
    > Danny Deger

    You'll need to have that file converted. It isn't the .col file, it is a
    ..wmv file, as Movie Maker uses Windows Media format to encode. Unsure if
    roxio 6 can convert it to a DVD compliant stream or not, but you would be
    better off encoding the video to MPEG-2 720x480 29.97fps, and the audio to
    48000Hz AC-3 Stereo 192kbps, using a DVD authoring program to make them into
    1 or more 1GB .VOB files, and an .IFO file, that contains chapter points.

    Sadly, I do not have a DVD burner, so I have no experience doing this, it's
    just what I've learned. It did work when I made a little miniDVD from a TV
    capture....

    Anonymous Joe, Jul 22, 2003