burnable media not recognized as such

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by TerraFrost, Jul 10, 2005.

  1. TerraFrost

    TerraFrost Guest

    I'm using a Plextor PX-716A DVD Burner with the 1.08 firmware, and seem
    not to be able to burn anything.

    I insert the media into the drive, try to then burn a few small files
    to the media with Nero Burning ROM, and immediatly after that, the
    media is ejected and I get a message telling me to insert an empty disk
    for writting. The only problem is... the media *is* empty.

    I've tried burning on the following media:

    Memorex 16x DVD-R
    Memorex 4x DVD+R
    Maxwell 4x DVD+R
    Memorex 52x CD-R

    I'm also unable to read DVD movies with the drive. Cyberlink PowerDVD
    6.0 sees the drive as empty as does Windows.

    Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

    TerraFrost, Jul 10, 2005