    Many Thanks

    Regards

    Gunjani
    Gunjani, Feb 23, 2005

  2. Gunjani

    Gordon Guest

    Gunjani wrote:
    > Are there 800MB CD RW available

    There are, but they are quite difficult to find, especially with the
    advent of DVD-R. Is there any reason why you don't want to use a DVD?
    (Like - you haven't got a DVD burner?)
    Gordon, Feb 23, 2005

  3. Gunjani

    Mentalguy Guest

    "Gunjani" <> wrote in message
    >I have a 750MB .avi file which I wish to burn onto a CD (not DVD) ...
    > is it possible, if so how?
    >
    > I have tried Winzip & Winrar but it only compresses to 720MB.
    >
    > Any other options or suggestions, i.e. Are there 800MB CD RW available
    > or another method of compressing it?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Gunjani

    you could use a file splitter to split it into 2 parts, and burn onto 2
    cd's. Or perhaps run it through Windows Movie Maker or similar, and edit out
    some unneccessary parts to make it smaller. I doubt you'll get any more
    saving whichever way you compress it.
    Mentalguy, Feb 23, 2005
  4. Gunjani

    Jock. Guest

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:28:59 +0000 (UTC), Gunjani
    <> wrote:

    >I have a 750MB .avi file which I wish to burn onto a CD (not DVD) ...
    >is it possible, if so how?
    >
    >I have tried Winzip & Winrar but it only compresses to 720MB.
    >
    >Any other options or suggestions, i.e. Are there 800MB CD RW available
    >or another method of compressing it?

    I should think .avi files are already compressed as much as
    is possible, and compression is near enough at its maximum
    already.

    Why not use a DVD? Much easier.

    Jock.

    --
    Silly Warning Label No 8.
    On a CD rack: "Do not use as a ladder."
    Jock., Feb 23, 2005
  5. Gunjani

    °Mike° Guest

    Convert the file into a VCD compliant MPEG format; AVI files
    are huge.

    TMPGEnc
    http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/
    http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html

    On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:28:59 +0000 (UTC), in
    <>
    Gunjani scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 23, 2005
  6. Gunjani

    SteveH Guest

    "Gunjani" <> wrote in message
    >I have a 750MB .avi file which I wish to burn onto a CD (not DVD) ...
    > is it possible, if so how?
    >
    > I have tried Winzip & Winrar but it only compresses to 720MB.
    >
    > Any other options or suggestions, i.e. Are there 800MB CD RW available
    > or another method of compressing it?
    >
    > Many Thanks
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Gunjani

    Tried converting it to DIVx format?

    SteveH
    SteveH, Feb 23, 2005
  7. Gunjani

    dadiOH Guest

    Gunjani wrote:
    > I have a 750MB .avi file which I wish to burn onto a CD (not DVD) ...
    > is it possible, if so how?
    >
    > I have tried Winzip & Winrar but it only compresses to 720MB.

    You may be able to burn it, depends on your software. Some will let you
    specify blank size. IIRC, the actual capacity is in excess of 730 MB
    but a certain amount is needed for overhead. Shouldn't be much overhead
    with one file. What burning program do you use?

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Feb 23, 2005
  8. Gunjani

    Marcus Fox Guest

    "SteveH" <> wrote in message
    > "Gunjani" <> wrote in message
    > >I have a 750MB .avi file which I wish to burn onto a CD (not DVD) ...
    > > is it possible, if so how?
    > >
    > > I have tried Winzip & Winrar but it only compresses to 720MB.
    > >
    > > Any other options or suggestions, i.e. Are there 800MB CD RW available
    > > or another method of compressing it?

    800MB and 900MB CD-R are available. I have some right here on my desk. Got
    them from www.svp.co.uk

    Marcus
    Marcus Fox, Feb 23, 2005
  9. Gunjani

    Ace Internet Guest

    Hi Gunjani

    You can split the file into 2 parts using HJSplit:

    http://www.freebyte.com/hjsplit/#win32

    Simply split the files into two parts, burn them onto 2 CD's, then use
    HJSplit to join them together again when needed.

    Steve
    Visit our online IT store! Trade prices direct to the public!
    http://customers.aceinternet.co.uk/buy/hardware
    Get a FREE 0870 number for your home, business or Fax2Email service
    http://customers.aceinternet.co.uk/telco/
    Ace Internet | http://www.ace-internet.co.uk
    Internet Connectivity | ADSL | Web Hosting | Domain names
    t: 0870 740 7555 | f: 0870 740 5335 | e:

    Ace Internet, Feb 24, 2005
  10. Re: proctitis? hemmoroids? scared!

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 24, 2005
  11. Gunjani

    Ace Internet Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> I'm tired of thinking.

    ???

    Ace Internet, Feb 24, 2005
  12. Re: there's a dude i like but i know i cant get him

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 24, 2005
  13. Gunjani

    samuel Guest

    samuel, Feb 24, 2005