    (playing around with Linux LiveCD's, and I have a spare 1 gig thumb drive.
    Anyone wanna tell me how to do this?

    Aaron
    Aaron, May 1, 2006

  2. Aaron

    Plato Guest

    Aaron wrote:

    > I have a couple of ISO files that I'd like to burn to a USB thumb drive
    > (playing around with Linux LiveCD's, and I have a spare 1 gig thumb drive.

    Your burning program has to be able to do it, if you want it done.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 2, 2006

  3. Aaron

    misterdufus

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Download Pendrive Linux from HERE

    Get your bootable USB here...read all about it.

    #1 - Download Pendrive Linux from HERE
    downloads.sourceforge.net/pendrivelinux/Pendrivelinux08.zip

    #2 - Using Winrar or another extraction program, extract the contents of Pendrive Linux into the root of your newly formatted USB drive

    #3 - When it finishes extracting, open the USB directory, and open the file makeboot.dat. This will make your USB drive bootable

    #4 - Your USB is ready for booting. Plug it into the computer you want to find the password for.

    #5 - Reboot/Start the computer

    courtesy of your friendly neighborhood misterdufus
    misterdufus, Apr 18, 2009