    for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some Talking
    Books for my Aunt.
    Many thanks bob.

    ang&bob, Apr 1, 2006

  2. ang&bob

    JANA Guest

    Many of the stand alone CD players have trouble to play CD's burned with a
    computer CD writer. The commercially made CD disks are pressed, not burned
    with a laser. Sometimes, burning the CD at a very slow burn speed will make
    it easier to play.

    Some of the newer model CD players are designed to be able to play computer
    burned CD disks. You may have to get her a newer model CD player to be able
    to play computer burned CD disks.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "ang&bob" <> wrote in message
    I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
    able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
    not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
    burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
    Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good

    JANA, Apr 1, 2006

  3. ang&bob

    Spuds Guest

    On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:18:59 +1200, ang&bob <> wrote:

    >I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
    >able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
    >not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
    >burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
    >Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
    >for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some Talking
    >Books for my Aunt.
    >Many thanks bob.

    What software are you using?
    --

    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

    Spuds, Apr 1, 2006
  4. ang&bob

    Margolotta Guest

    On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 01:13:30 +0100, JANA wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Many of the stand alone CD players have trouble to play CD's burned with a
    > computer CD writer. The commercially made CD disks are pressed, not burned
    > with a laser. Sometimes, burning the CD at a very slow burn speed will make
    > it easier to play.
    >
    > Some of the newer model CD players are designed to be able to play computer
    > burned CD disks. You may have to get her a newer model CD player to be able
    > to play computer burned CD disks.

    I've never had a problem with CDs burnt using iTunes (albeit Mac iTunes,
    never used it on a PC). I tried many brands of discs, before settling on one
    I really liked (and which has never made a coaster) - Infiniti Samurai. Their
    DVDs are excellent, too.They brighten up the CD wallet too! ;o)

    Margolotta, Apr 1, 2006
  5. ang&bob

    dadiOH Guest

    ang&bob wrote:
    > I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
    > able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
    > not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
    > burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
    > Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
    > for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some
    > Talking Books for my Aunt.
    > Many thanks bob.

    Those are data formats. Tell your burning program you want to make an
    audio disc, not data.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Apr 1, 2006
  6. ang&bob

    ang&bob Guest

    Spuds wrote:
    > On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:18:59 +1200, ang&bob <> wrote:
    >
    >> I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
    >> able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
    >> not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
    >> burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
    >> Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
    >> for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some Talking
    >> Books for my Aunt.
    >> Many thanks bob.

    > What software are you using?
    > --
    >
    > There's no place like 127.0.0.1

    Software is New Tech Infosystem NTI CD & DVD Maker Dual Layer Version 7 Gold
    bob.

    ang&bob, Apr 2, 2006
  7. ang&bob

    Spuds Guest

    On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 11:04:25 +1200, ang&bob <> wrote:

    >Spuds wrote:
    >> On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 11:18:59 +1200, ang&bob <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
    >>> able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
    >>> not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
    >>> burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
    >>> Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
    >>> for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some Talking
    >>> Books for my Aunt.
    >>> Many thanks bob.

    >> What software are you using?
    >> --
    >>
    >> There's no place like 127.0.0.1

    >Software is New Tech Infosystem NTI CD & DVD Maker Dual Layer Version 7 Gold
    >bob.

    Someone else stated the solution, ie burn an audio CD. The NTI software can
    handle it.
    --

    There's no place like 127.0.0.1

    Spuds, Apr 2, 2006
  8. ang&bob

    ang&bob Guest

    Spuds wrote:
    > On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 11:04:25 +1200, ang&bob <> wrote:
    >
    >> Spuds wrote:

    >>> What software are you using?
    >>> --
    >>>
    >>> There's no place like 127.0.0.1

    >> Software is New Tech Infosystem NTI CD & DVD Maker Dual Layer Version 7 Gold
    >> bob.

    > Someone else stated the solution, ie burn an audio CD. The NTI software can
    > handle it.

    Thanks to all for your valued help.
    Cheers bob.

    ang&bob, Apr 2, 2006
  9. ang&bob

    ang&bob Guest

    dadiOH wrote:
    > ang&bob wrote:
    >> I recently copied a "Talking Book" for my Aunt who is disabled and not
    >> able to hold a book to read, my problem is, that the CD I burnt, will
    >> not play on her bedside CD Player, I found that the Burner I have will
    >> burn to the following formats, Iso 9660, Joliet, Romeo, Universal Disk
    >> Format UDF, the Burner defaults to Joliet, so I now know thats no good
    >> for my purpose, please which format I should be using to do some
    >> Talking Books for my Aunt.
    >> Many thanks bob.

    > Those are data formats. Tell your burning program you want to make an
    > audio disc, not data.
    >
    > --
    >
    > dadiOH
    >
    > dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    Great that works well, you just made it possible to make an old lady happy.
    Thank you,
    Bob.

    ang&bob, Apr 2, 2006