    LMO
    "O Wad some Powr, the Giftie Gie us,
    To see oursels as others see us."

    Glen Corlin, Aug 15, 2005

  2. Glen Corlin

    Biz Guest

    If it was supported when you bought the burner, it would have been highly
    touted if it could. Or it might have been one of the few models that
    actually were firmware upgradeable. FOr starters, you could have listed
    your make/model and someone might have just been able to tell you....

    "Glen Corlin" <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hello all. Can a standard DVD burner burn DL DVDs? My burner can burn all
    > types (DVD+-R/W, etc), but I'm wondering if it can also burn dual layer.

    How

    Biz, Aug 15, 2005

  3. Glen Corlin

    Glen Corlin Guest

    The only thing I know about it is what the Device Manager tells me:
    TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
    which I believe is a Samsung. Probably only a single layer burner, eh?

    Glen Corlin, Aug 15, 2005
  4. On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:43:50 +0200, "Glen Corlin"
    <lmo01'nospam'@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >The only thing I know about it is what the Device Manager tells me:
    >TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552B
    >which I believe is a Samsung. Probably only a single layer burner, eh?

    Google is your friend. I entered TS-H552B into Google, and this is
    the first hit.. http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/163 And yes,it does
    support DL.

    ... Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Aug 15, 2005
  5. Glen Corlin

    LMO Guest

    Steve; thanks for that site. DUH! I even have Nero Info Tool and never knew
    it! Guess I'll buy some blank DL disks and test the drive out.

    LMO, Aug 16, 2005