    killing you ..'
    The subtilting says 'I thought of..' and leaves you in limbo.
    These moron makers should be taught that they should pay better .
    habshi, Mar 26, 2006

  2. "habshi" <hi@anony> wrote in message news:...
    > The subititling is truly terrible . Its in about 20 languages
    > but I put on the English one - and where the woman says 'I thought of
    > killing you ..'
    > The subtilting says 'I thought of..' and leaves you in limbo.
    > These moron makers should be taught that they should pay better .

    Since you have such wonderful command of the English language, perhaps you
    could get a job doing subtitle work.
    Barry Delfino, Mar 27, 2006

  3. habshi wrote:

    > It was embarrasing watching this one with gorays and one had
    >to turn it off after watching the kajra re song.
    > The subititling is truly terrible . Its in about 20 languages
    >but I put on the English one - and where the woman says 'I thought of
    >killing you ..'
    > The subtilting says 'I thought of..' and leaves you in limbo.
    >These moron makers should be taught that they should pay better .

    For starters stop using automatic machine translation. The results are a
    sad joke.
    Even if you know both languages it's often unclear how the machine
    arrived at the garbage.
    Michel Hafner, Mar 29, 2006
  4. habshi

    Kobe Guest

    Two decades ago when there was still a lot of enthusiasm about
    machine translation, the following (fictitious?) account of the result
    of machine translation of Russian prose into English would often be
    quoted: when an 'articially intelligent' machine produced the sentence
    'the vodka is strong but the meat is rotten', they curiously checked
    the source and found that the Russian sentence was 'the flesh is
    weak but the spirit is strong'!

    But with the latest crop of Bollywood movies I find the 'outrageous'
    subtitles more entertaining that the strained attempt at humour in the
    plot. So there...

    /Kobe
    Kobe, Mar 29, 2006