    seem to create channelgroup or anything like it.

    Thnx!
    Liam
    Liam, Sep 22, 2004

  2. Hi,

    "Liam" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cirqvt$1ld$1.ov.home.nl...

    | Can i create a etherchannel on a router?

    I did it on a 7204 like this:
    I create a bridged virtual interface (BVI1), gave him a IP address and put both fast ethernet ports to the bridge group + in global config mode "bridge irb"

    Is this a solution for you?

    Regards

    C. Remien

    --

    \|/
    (o o)
    Remien, Carsten, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Liam

    AnyBody43 Guest

    "Liam" <> wrote
    > On a switch i can create an Etherchannel. (2950) of two fastethernet ports.
    > No probs there, it works like how it should work.
    >
    > Now i was thinking here at our college we also have 2621XM routers. They
    > have two Fastethernet ports to.
    >
    > Can i create a etherchannel on a router?
    > So that i can use both fastethernet interfaces on my router to connect to my
    > switch? Or is this not possible?
    >
    > I can get in some sort of interface-range command on the router, but cannot
    > seem to create channelgroup or anything like it.

    I don't know. It should be easy enough to check on cco.

    However, there would be no point.

    A 2621XM would be hard pressed to cope with one FE.
    AnyBody43, Sep 22, 2004
  4. Liam

    mh Guest

    try

    int port-channel 1

    int x/y
    channel-group 1 mode desirable
    exit
    mh, Sep 22, 2004
  5. Liam

    Leigh Guest

    "Liam" <> wrote in message news:<cirqvt$1ld$1.ov.home.nl>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > On a switch i can create an Etherchannel. (2950) of two fastethernet ports.
    > No probs there, it works like how it should work.
    >
    > Now i was thinking here at our college we also have 2621XM routers. They
    > have two Fastethernet ports to.
    >
    > Can i create a etherchannel on a router?
    > So that i can use both fastethernet interfaces on my router to connect to my
    > switch? Or is this not possible?
    >
    > I can get in some sort of interface-range command on the router, but cannot
    > seem to create channelgroup or anything like it.
    >
    > Thnx!
    > Liam

    Liam,

    Have a pop at making a "multilink" logical interface and adding some
    interfaces into the multilink bundle.

    Not too sure about ethernet, but I know it works with serial ints.
    Give it a try!!

    Leigh H
    Leigh, Sep 22, 2004