Bundle.exe?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by David H. Lipman, Dec 21, 2003.

  1. Please reboot your PC into Safe Mode and perform a Full Scan of your PC and clean/delete any
    infectors found.

    Dave

    FireFighter, Dec 21, 2003

  3. David H. Lipman

    FireFighter Guest

    David H. Lipman wrote:
    > Please reboot your PC into Safe Mode and perform a Full Scan of your
    > PC and clean/delete any infectors found.
    >
    > Dave

    Thanks that worked. Safe mode is also the best way to defrag too right?

    FireFighter, Dec 21, 2003
  4. Yes.

    The reason being in Safe Mode only CORE OS files are loaded and this makes sure that others
    are not load. Thus, the file wasn't loaded and the File Handle is NOT in use.

    In the case of defragging, some programs want to write back to the hard disk and thus will
    cause the defrag utility to start again due to the change in the File Allocation Table.
    Since these programs are not loaded, defrag can run uninhibited.

    David H. Lipman, Dec 21, 2003
  5. David H. Lipman

    Netuser 58 Guest

    Now that's an answer that solves a long time problem with me. Even
    when I would make sure the screen saver was off, the same problem kept
    on. I thought it might be a stealth virus because Norton Av never picked
    up anything - even with up to date definitions.

    If you know what kind of programs do this, please post a list. Would
    there be some way to disable this type of activity with these programs?

    Netuser 58, Dec 22, 2003
  6. Impossible to list. Way too many. At least you now have an idea what to do.

    All you can do is either go into Safe Mode or shut down non-kernel windows programs.

    Dave

    David H. Lipman, Dec 22, 2003