    Now that I've finally successfully set up the ftp server I was wondering
    if there is anyway that I can increase the download or upload speed?
    Just wondering if this was possible. Thanks in advance.
    CrackHeadBob, Feb 11, 2004

  2. CrackHeadBob

    chip_y2kuk Guest

    "CrackHeadBob" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Now that I've finally successfully set up the ftp server I was wondering
    > if there is anyway that I can increase the download or upload speed?
    > Just wondering if this was possible. Thanks in advance.

    unless you have put limits on it it is running at max speed using all the
    bandwidth available to you. This will vary depending on connection type line
    quality etc etc
    chip_y2kuk, Feb 11, 2004

  3. CrackHeadBob

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:08:18 -0600, CrackHeadBob <>
    wrote:
    >Now that I've finally successfully set up the ftp server I was wondering
    >if there is anyway that I can increase the download or upload speed?
    >Just wondering if this was possible. Thanks in advance.

    The speeds are determined by your ISP. (Unless you set limits in the FTP
    server)

    For Comcast, the current speeds are 3000/256
    So you can download at about 300k/sec, but your upload speed speed is capped
    at about 30k/s.

    Someone downloading FROM your FTP server can only get it at your upload
    speed. (30k/sec)

    Someone uploading TO your FTP server can only send it at his upload speed.
    If his upload speed is greater than 300k/sec (very unlikely), then the speed
    is determined by your download speed cap. (300k/sec)

    The only way to increase the speed is to pay for a higher service from the
    ISP.
    Unk, Feb 11, 2004