Bulk-uploading photos to Ofoto/KodakGallery

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mikhail Teterin, Feb 4, 2006.

  1. Hi!

    The Ofoto (now KodakGallery.com) site has an easier way to upload photos,
    than the simple web-form, where you list the files for upload.

    Unfortunately, that method is only for users of Internet Explorer on
    Windows, so I am using the web-form.

    This gets rather tedious, when you have to upload a couple of hundred of
    pictures :-(

    Has anyone seen a better way, perhaps? Something like a stand-alone
    command-line utility:

    send2kodak -a "Vacation" -u -p secret *.jpg

    or a Firefox extension?

    Thanks!

    -mi

    Mikhail Teterin, Feb 4, 2006

  2. Mikhail Teterin

    Dave Cohen Guest

    "Mikhail Teterin" <> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > The Ofoto (now KodakGallery.com) site has an easier way to upload photos,
    > than the simple web-form, where you list the files for upload.
    >
    > Unfortunately, that method is only for users of Internet Explorer on
    > Windows, so I am using the web-form.
    >
    > This gets rather tedious, when you have to upload a couple of hundred of
    > pictures :-(
    >
    > Has anyone seen a better way, perhaps? Something like a stand-alone
    > command-line utility:
    >
    > send2kodak -a "Vacation" -u -p secret *.jpg
    >
    > or a Firefox extension?
    >
    > Thanks!

    I just gave up and use IE. Just take all the normal precautions plus keep
    everything fully updated. I've never had a virus problem.
    Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen, Feb 4, 2006

  3. Dave Cohen wrote:
    > I just gave up and use IE. Just take all the normal precautions plus keep
    > everything fully updated. I've never had a virus problem.

    That's not an option for me. There is no IE for FreeBSD :) Not even for
    Linux...

    -mi

    Mikhail Teterin, Feb 4, 2006
  4. Dave Cohen wrote:
    > I just gave up and use IE. Just take all the normal precautions plus keep
    > everything fully updated. I've never had a virus problem.

    That's not an option for me. There is no IE for FreeBSD :) Not even for
    Linux...

    As a matter of fact, I asked OFoto's support to consider either releasing
    the source code of their Windows or MacOS clients, or impelement another
    uploader as a Firefox extension.

    With somewhat surprising intelligence, the support rep. responded with a
    promise to forward my request to the development team. I'm not holding my
    breath, but it may happen.

    And it may happen sooner, if other people ask for it too :)

    Start here: http://www.kodakgallery.com/HelpCustomerSupport.jsp

    -mi

    Mikhail Teterin, Feb 5, 2006
  5. Mikhail Teterin wrote:

    > Dave Cohen wrote:
    >
    >>I just gave up and use IE. Just take all the normal precautions plus keep
    >>everything fully updated. I've never had a virus problem.

    > That's not an option for me. There is no IE for FreeBSD :) Not even for
    > Linux...
    >
    > As a matter of fact, I asked OFoto's support to consider either releasing
    > the source code of their Windows or MacOS clients, or impelement another
    > uploader as a Firefox extension.

    In the meantime, try Shutterfly.com or Printroom.com.

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Feb 5, 2006
  6. Mikhail Teterin

    Ron Baird Guest

    Mikhail Teterin wrote:

    >Hi!
    >
    >The Ofoto (now KodakGallery.com) site has an easier way to upload photos,
    >than the simple web-form, where you list the files for upload.
    >
    >Unfortunately, that method is only for users of Internet Explorer on
    >Windows, so I am using the web-form.
    >
    >This gets rather tedious, when you have to upload a couple of hundred of
    >pictures :-(
    >
    >Has anyone seen a better way, perhaps? Something like a stand-alone
    >command-line utility:
    >
    > send2kodak -a "Vacation" -u -p secret *.jpg
    >
    >or a Firefox extension?
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    > -mi

    Greetings Mikhail,

    Actually, the Kodak software 'EasyShare' has a feature that will auto
    upload if you activate it. It works on Safari and FireFox and likely
    other Mac referenced. If you have the late version of the Mac OS (10.3
    or later) the most current version of EasyShare will install and work
    for you. Nice features such as editing a slide show and adding sound
    etc. Does not matter if you have a Kodak camera, you only need to bring
    the images into your system. You can scan or upload images to your
    system then have EasyShare organize the images and use 'Express Upload'
    to send them to the Kodak Gallery. You can do an entire album of around
    300 images at one time.

    For details on the program (it's free) go to the following URL.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/easysharesw

    Let me know if you have any questions, Mikhail, and enjoy. Note the
    basic requirements for your system so you know what to expect.

    Best Regards,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    Ron Baird, Feb 7, 2006
  7. Mikhail Teterin

    Bruce Lewis Guest

    John McWilliams <> writes:

    > Mikhail Teterin wrote:
    >
    > > Dave Cohen wrote:
    > >
    > >>I just gave up and use IE. Just take all the normal precautions plus keep
    > >>everything fully updated. I've never had a virus problem.

    > > That's not an option for me. There is no IE for FreeBSD :) Not even
    > > for
    > > Linux...

    > In the meantime, try Shutterfly.com or Printroom.com.

    Last time I used shutterfly directly they also had one of those painful
    one-file-per-input forms.

    Mikhail can use my software here to do a shutterfly order:

    http://img.ourdoings.com/linux.html

    The installation instructions are for Debian, but he can likely figure
    out the appropriate FreeBSD installation procedure.

    He can upload his printable-resolution photos in 30-megabyte zip
    archives to ourdoings.com, order shutterfly prints through it, and tear
    down his ourdoings.com site within a week to keep it free.

    The days are numbered when photo sites can ignore BSD and Linux
    desktops.

    --

    http://ourdoings.com/ Easily organize and disseminate news and
    photos for your family or group.