    5S that is better than anything out there now but I need something
    real good.

    Butch
    Butch Lacadie, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Butch Lacadie

    Stewy Guest

    In article <4y4Ag.15021$>,
    Butch Lacadie <hlacadi1/nospam/@maine.rr.com> wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I own 4 digital cameras and don't have to worry about
    > digital copies of photos I take now. It's the stacks
    > of prints I have from the old days I want digital copies
    > of. I know there are services out there, I know there are
    > flatbed scanners that I could spend the next month scanning
    > in all these photos. But here is my question:
    >
    > Has anyone used the Fujitsu ScanSnap S500 or similar model
    > to scan bulk numbers of photos? I am especially interested
    > in the S500 Model because it's a sheetfed screamer. None of the
    > reviews I've seen mention this specific need.
    >
    > You know, there is nothing out there any good that is specifically
    > designed to handle bulk photos. I have and old HP Scanjet
    > 5S that is better than anything out there now but I need something
    > real good.

    The Fujitsu is designed for scanning documents and you may be
    disappointed with the quality of photograph scans.
    Stewy, Aug 3, 2006

  3. I came here looking for information on the same question. I have found
    one review:

    http://www.creatrope.com/blog/resources/scanning-photographs-2/

    I'd like to learn more. The quality won't compare to a flat bed, but my
    strategy would be to scan 80% of my old prints and then use a negative
    scanner on the very best. Speed and convenience is more important than
    quality.

    I'd like to hear from someone else who tries this ...

    Let us know what you learn.

    john

    meta: jfaughnan, jgfaughnan, sheet feeder, scanner, prints, bulk
    scanning, Fujitsu

    John Faughnan, Aug 15, 2006