    Can someone tell me where I can get them done for less than the
    $1 or 75c more camera shops in Wellington are quoting ?

    , Oct 7, 2003

  2. SNOman Guest

    wrote:

    > I've 120 plus jpg images to be printed from a CD,
    >
    > Can someone tell me where I can get them done for less than the
    > $1 or 75c more camera shops in Wellington are quoting ?

    Digital max online are doing them for 60c

    http://www.digitalmax.co.nz

    SNOman, Oct 7, 2003

  3. G Guest

    I would recommend getting a few done first and seeing if you are happy with
    the quality if you choose to use digitalmax, I've given them three chances
    so far and haven't been impressed yet (cf to frog prints or my local Fuji
    image plaza). I have emailed and called to try and find what their
    processing can / can't / sometimes does to the images prior to printing, no
    answers or reply's yet. I got three prints made from the same file, each is
    different, I found this a bit concerning.

    Waiting for them to reply.....

    Any one else used them?

    G, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Seagull Guest

    "G" <> wrote in message
    > I would recommend getting a few done first and seeing if you are happy

    with
    > the quality if you choose to use digitalmax, I've given them three chances
    > so far and haven't been impressed yet (cf to frog prints or my local Fuji
    > image plaza). I have emailed and called to try and find what their
    > processing can / can't / sometimes does to the images prior to printing,

    no
    > answers or reply's yet. I got three prints made from the same file, each

    is
    > different, I found this a bit concerning.
    >
    > Waiting for them to reply.....
    >
    > Any one else used them?
    >
    > "SNOman" <> wrote in message
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > I've 120 plus jpg images to be printed from a CD,
    > > >
    > > > Can someone tell me where I can get them done for less than the
    > > > $1 or 75c more camera shops in Wellington are quoting ?
    > > >

    > > Digital max online are doing them for 60c
    > >
    > > http://www.digitalmax.co.nz

    I have used them first for 120x prints off a CD and then via their prepay
    card via internet for 6 x prints.

    Quality was OK but not quite up to Frogprints standard. Some under exposed
    images (inside caves) came up better than I ever expected.

    The 60 cent print is 6"x4" whereas Frogprints have a 4.5" x6" option as
    well which I like. DigitalMax print odd lengths to accommodate the slightly
    off standard rectangle I had cropped some images to. That is they used the
    roll paper width and vary the length from 5.5" up to about 6.5".

    The prepay option prints, are only 50 cents each but uploading 100 one Mb
    images on my 44K bps max dialup line would take days. The prints can be
    delivered free to many suburban chemist shops, in Auckland, at least.

    Strangely my 120 print order was back the next day while the 6 print
    internet upload took 3 days to deliver. They have online tracking.

    For the $ savings I will use DigitalMax for my routine stuff and Frogprints
    for a few "special" shots.
    Seagull ~'~

    Seagull, Oct 7, 2003
  5. KS Guest

    wrote:
    > I've 120 plus jpg images to be printed from a CD,
    >
    > Can someone tell me where I can get them done for less than the
    > $1 or 75c more camera shops in Wellington are quoting ?

    Perhaps not quite the less than $1, but I can recommend Frog Prints.

    They printed some amazing quality photos, from my old Fuji MX1200 1.2MP
    camera. Stunning quality, and very quick delivery.

    I'm heading back, after I buy a new camera (drooling over a Fuji S5000 for

    KS, Oct 7, 2003