    know is if their info and advice is all good and reliable. I'd probably get
    these parts via eBay but am just getting advice from them. Please help me
    out. Thanks alot! -----------------Daniel

    Daniel, Apr 9, 2004

  2. Daniel

    no one Guest

    if you need any help get in touch with me i can help you or build it for you
    just let me know directly at

    remove nospam
    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm currently using the following site to help choose the various

    components
    > I'll need.
    >
    > http://www.pugetsystems.com/
    >
    > Can someone please tell me if these guys are knowledgeable ? When you

    click

    no one, Apr 9, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Michael-NC Guest

    "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm currently using the following site to help choose the various

    components
    > I'll need.
    >
    > http://www.pugetsystems.com/
    >
    > Can someone please tell me if these guys are knowledgeable ? When you

    click
    > on "Build your own computer" and then go to one of the setups like "Build
    > Your Own Gaming PC", for example, it'll list the many components and then
    > even help you to decide under "Need help choosing?". What I would like to
    > know is if their info and advice is all good and reliable. I'd probably

    get
    > these parts via eBay but am just getting advice from them. Please help me
    > out. Thanks alot! -----------------Daniel

    First of all, I would never follow _any_ sites configurator to build a
    machine. Hardware forums are a much better place to find out what works and
    what doesn't. basically, you go by CPU, then chipset, (mainboard) memory,
    video chipset, video memory, power supply, optical drives, case and bling
    bling.

    Adjust your choices according to your budget but get the fastest CPU, at
    least 512 MB of ram for a gaming machine and a good power supply. You don't
    need the latest video card, unless you have the budget for it.

    If you're in the states, www.newegg.com has all the parts you need.

    Michael-NC, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Daniel

    Michael-NC Guest

    "no one" <> wrote in message
    > if you need any help get in touch with me i can help you or build it for

    you
    > just let me know directly at

    What an idiot!

    Michael-NC, Apr 9, 2004
  5. Daniel

    Michael-NC Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message

    > "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I'm currently using the following site to help choose the various

    > components
    > > I'll need.
    > >
    > > http://www.pugetsystems.com/
    > >
    > > Can someone please tell me if these guys are knowledgeable ? When you

    > click
    > > on "Build your own computer" and then go to one of the setups like

    "Build
    > > Your Own Gaming PC", for example, it'll list the many components and

    then
    > > even help you to decide under "Need help choosing?". What I would like

    > > know is if their info and advice is all good and reliable. I'd probably

    > get
    > > these parts via eBay but am just getting advice from them. Please help

    me
    > > out. Thanks alot! -----------------Daniel

    > First of all, I would never follow _any_ sites configurator to build a
    > machine. Hardware forums are a much better place to find out what works

    and
    > what doesn't. basically, you go by CPU, then chipset, (mainboard) memory,
    > video chipset, video memory, power supply, optical drives, case and bling
    > bling.
    >
    > Adjust your choices according to your budget but get the fastest CPU,

    Just to clarify this point, I don't mean the fastest CPU _available,_ I mean
    the fastest CPU that will fit _your_ budget.

    Michael-NC, Apr 9, 2004
  6. Daniel

    Hoffman Guest

    Just took a look at their site. I've never heard of the company, but I must
    say they have a very interesting way of choosing the parts to build a pc. Of
    course I don't know how good their workmanship is or how good their support
    is, but as a way of choosing from what seem to be a very good selection of
    parts, it quite good. If the company is solid, someone who has an idea of
    what they are looking for could end up with a very good system

    Larry.

    Hoffman, Apr 10, 2004
  7. Daniel

    Sonny Ha Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message

    > "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Daniel" <> wrote in message
    > > > Hello,
    > > >
    > > > I'm currently using the following site to help choose the various

    > > components
    > > > I'll need.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.pugetsystems.com/
    > > >
    > > > Can someone please tell me if these guys are knowledgeable ? When you

    > > click
    > > > on "Build your own computer" and then go to one of the setups like

    > "Build
    > > > Your Own Gaming PC", for example, it'll list the many components and

    > then
    > > > even help you to decide under "Need help choosing?". What I would like

    > > > know is if their info and advice is all good and reliable. I'd

    probably
    > > get
    > > > these parts via eBay but am just getting advice from them. Please help

    > me
    > > > out. Thanks alot! -----------------Daniel

    > > First of all, I would never follow _any_ sites configurator to build a
    > > machine. Hardware forums are a much better place to find out what works

    > and
    > > what doesn't. basically, you go by CPU, then chipset, (mainboard)

    memory,
    > > video chipset, video memory, power supply, optical drives, case and

    bling
    > > bling.
    > >
    > > Adjust your choices according to your budget but get the fastest CPU,

    > Just to clarify this point, I don't mean the fastest CPU _available,_ I

    mean
    > the fastest CPU that will fit _your_ budget.

    Exactly, that's what I was gonna say too. 'Cos usually, the fastest CPU
    available costs ways too much compared to slightly slower ones. Just look at
    the price of a Pentium 4 3.2GHz and of another one that is still fast, say,
    2.8 GHz. Big difference there. And by the way, invest more in motherboard's
    FSB and high-end RAM (DDR 3200 ??), a 8x AGP graphix card, 8MB-buffer HD...
    These things are just gonna do the job.... Pay a little extra, though, for a
    *quiet* power supply and CPU fan/heatsink as they are gonna keep your brain
    in a sane state. Good luck

    Sonny Ha, Apr 14, 2004