    Thanks for your time.

    Regards,

    Pete.

    Transmute, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Look at www.amazon.com and read the reviews. Not too good when it
    comes to iptables.

    Chiron Paixos, Nov 22, 2003

  3. Transmute

    Transmute Guest

    On 2003-11-22, Chiron Paixos <> said:

    > Look at www.amazon.com and read the reviews. Not too good when it
    > comes to iptables.

    Yes, I've looked now. I've decided to go with something like 'Linux
    Firewalls' instead.

    Thanks for the reply.

    Regards,

    Pete.
    --
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alternative.carpark

    Transmute, Nov 22, 2003
  4. Transmute

    Jeff Umbach Guest

    Linux Firewalls Second Edition deals with IPTables and does a very good job
    of it.

    --
    Jeff Umbach

    Jeff Umbach, Nov 24, 2003
  5. Transmute

    Transmute Guest

    On 2003-11-24, Jeff Umbach <> said:
    > Linux Firewalls Second Edition deals with IPTables and does a very good job
    > of it.

    Why did you have to go and say that for ? Now I've got to buy two
    books. :) I thought it was the 2nd edition, thanks for confirming it.

    Regards,

    Pete.

    Transmute, Nov 24, 2003
  6. Transmute

    Transmute Guest

    On 2003-11-24, Transmute <> said:
    > On 2003-11-24, Jeff Umbach <> said:
    >> Linux Firewalls Second Edition deals with IPTables and does a very good job
    >> of it.

    > Why did you have to go and say that for ? Now I've got to buy two
    > books. :) I thought it was the 2nd edition, thanks for confirming it.

    Sorry, late night, brain not working. You said 'Linux Firewalls 2nd
    Edition', not 'Building Internet Firewalls 2nd Edition'. lol, sorry
    about that. I'll just get that one then, the Linux one, second
    edition. Ok. :)

    Regards,

    Pete.

    Transmute, Nov 25, 2003
  7. Transmute

    Lord Shaolin Guest

    Transmute <> wisely said:

    :: I'm looking to purchase the book 'Building Internet Firewalls' by
    :: Elizabeth D.Zwicky, D. Brent Chapman and Simon Cooper.
    ::
    :: The one I'm looking at is the 2nd edition, which I've heard covers
    :: IPTables, not just IPChains, as in the first edition ?
    ::
    :: Would this be the right one for me, the 2nd edition ? I need the
    :: emphasis on IPTables, and not just IPChains.
    ::
    :: Thanks for your time.
    ::
    :: Regards,
    ::
    :: Pete.

    Heh funny you should mention this book, I just posted a review of it
    yesterday:

    http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10260

    It doesn't deal with IPTables or IPChains at all, it's
    vendor/platform/technology independant.

    It's the practical theory book so to speak.

    Excellent book though, but not what you need if you need something dealing
    with a certain technology.

    Regards

    ST

    --