    The download speed is limited to 512kbps, upload 128, so I'm assuming I can
    get by with any inexpensive network cards and router.
    OK, what am I missing??? Be gentle, I'm a newbie.
    JJ, Jul 4, 2006

  2. JJ

    Travis Guest

    Satellite is expensive, they have exquipment charges of up to $600 CAD. I
    would get ADSL or Cable instead. Wait until satellite is more evolved. Also,
    unless you are in a rural area then satellite is the best alternative to
    dial-up. (or ISDN ;-))

    Travis, Jul 4, 2006

  3. JJ

    JJ Guest

    "Travis" <> wrote in message
    > Satellite is expensive, they have exquipment charges of up to $600 CAD. I
    > would get ADSL or Cable instead. Wait until satellite is more evolved.
    > Also, unless you are in a rural area then satellite is the best
    > alternative to dial-up. (or ISDN ;-))

    I am in a rural area. No cable, no dsl, just cow manure!

    This is the new AT&T service that is being rolled out. $300 up front, free
    install and $49.95 per month for 512kbps.
    I have justified it as follows; dump Callwave ($7.95), dump Verizon ($55) &
    get Vonnage for 24.95 pm. Net cost increase for high speed--$25pm. I can
    live with that.

    JJ, Jul 5, 2006