    onboard audio, I would PERFER it to NOT have onboard video or onboard LAN.
    any suggestions? thanks in advance

    -Nick
    Dr Nick, Mar 9, 2006

  2. Dr Nick

    Michael-NC Guest

    yeah, go here and spec out the features you want on the board, then do your
    research
    http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCategory.asp?SubCategory=22

    Disclaimer:

    I'm not exclusively plugging Newegg. Just use it's excellent search feature
    to find your product.

    Then compare price at www.pricewatch.com

    Then compare the vendor at www.resellerratings.com AND www.bizrate.com

    Then research the part by searching Google for reviews.

    I also must add
    *Newegg is a top rated store and is worth buying from, even if they are a
    little extra.*

    Michael-NC, Mar 9, 2006

  3. Dr Nick

    mel Guest

    "Michael-NC" <> wrote in message
    > yeah, go here and spec out the features you want on the board, then do

    your
    > research
    > http://www.newegg.com/ProductSort/SubCategory.asp?SubCategory=22
    >
    > Disclaimer:
    >
    > I'm not exclusively plugging Newegg. Just use it's excellent search

    feature
    > to find your product.
    >
    > Then compare price at www.pricewatch.com
    >
    > Then compare the vendor at www.resellerratings.com AND www.bizrate.com
    >
    > Then research the part by searching Google for reviews.
    >

    > I also must add
    > *Newegg is a top rated store and is worth buying from, even if they are a
    > little extra.*
    >

    > "Dr Nick" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi, I'm building a computer using the left over athlon Xp 1700 chip I

    have
    > > and I'm looking for a motherboard. thing I NEED on the board are USB 2.0
    > > and onboard audio, I would PERFER it to NOT have onboard video or

    onboard
    > > LAN. any suggestions? thanks in advance
    > >
    > > -Nick

    Hi
    It sounds like you do not need anything special, I get my stuff from (E
    buyer) UK my board cost me about £20 I don't have a problem, in fact I got
    3.

    mel
    mel, Mar 11, 2006