    Thanks,
    - Josh
    , Jul 11, 2007

  2. Lem Guest

    wrote:
    > Here's the situation:
    > I have DSL and use a Versalink WireSpeed 327w as my modem and my
    > router. I only have one jack in my apt., and my office is on the other
    > side of the place. Instead of running a long wire I'd like to use a
    > different wireless router I have (Belkin Wireless G router
    > F5D7230-4)to somehow connect the two and then have wires in my office.
    > I don't care which is the router per se. Does anyone know how I would
    > go about this?
    > Thanks,
    > - Josh

    According to Belkin, their F5D7230-4 can act as a wireless bridge, but
    only with a Belkin 54g Wireless Access Point (model F5D7130). "Bridging
    with other brands of Access Points is not supported at this time."
    http://www.belkin.com/support/dl/Wireless Bridge.pdf

    You can try setting it up as described in the doc above, but I don't
    know if it will work with your Versalink WireSpeed.

    Alternatively, you could install DD-WRT firmware in the Belkin and try
    setting up a bridge with that, but again, it may not work or may work
    only with WEP encryption, which these days is about the same as no
    encryption.
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Wireless_Bridge
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Bridge_Install

    If you do get it to work, please post back with your results and how you
    achieved them.

    If you can't get bridging to work with the hardware you have, probably
    the least expensive option is to buy 2 used routers from the list
    suggested by DD-WRT, download and flash the firmware, and then set up
    the bridge.
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

    --
    Lem MS MVP -- Networking

    Lem, Jul 11, 2007

  3. Hi
    Try it first as is, the claim of Not supporting none Belkin devices is
    mainly to avoid support calls concerning other devices is Not Belkin and are
    involved in the Wireless Network.
    In many cases it might Bridge with other manufacturers devices.
    If it does not follow the DD-WRT router.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 11, 2007