Building a computer will give you Knowledge...

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Sam, Jul 10, 2004.

  1. Sam

    Sam Guest

    After building my Own computer from scratch I have learned Alot about
    Computers and was a rewarding experience. Building your own computer
    will not save you too much money but may give you alot of headaches if
    your a beginner.
    The Hardest part of the project was Getting the Right Ram,
    Motherboard and CPU to work . After everything was tallied up I spent
    around $700.00 not including monitor , printer and software.
    MY NEW SYSTEM
    =======================
    Pentium 4 2.4 Ghtz
    BIOSTAR 8788 MOTHERBOARD
    Windows XP HOME
    1 GIG DDR Memory
    40 gig Western digital HD
    ASUS 52X CD-ROM
    LITE-ON CD-RW DRIVE
    NVIDIA BFG 5700 ULTRA VIDEO CARD 128 MB

    Sam, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Sam

    vince Guest

    A 40gb hard rive is just around the same price as a 80gb. I would go with at
    least 80gb, preferably 120. You can get 120gb 7200rpm for $60-80. Also,
    getting ram, cpu, and motherboard to work isn't very hard at all.

    vince, Jul 10, 2004

  3. Sam

    Stuart Guest

    vince wrote:

    > A 40gb hard rive is just around the same price as a 80gb. I would go with at
    > least 80gb, preferably 120. You can get 120gb 7200rpm for $60-80. Also,
    > getting ram, cpu, and motherboard to work isn't very hard at all.

    ....if he knows what he is doing that is.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jul 14, 2004