Bugmenot

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Guest, Aug 28, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Aug 28, 2007

  2. Guest

    Tester Guest

    On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:05:52 GMT, <> wrote:

    >http://www.fat-forums.com
    >
    >The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.
    >Please help.

    If it's a matter of free registration but you're afraid you'll get
    spam or lose your privacy, you can just create a new free email
    address, just use it for this purpose, and then abandon it when you no
    longer need it.
    Tester, Aug 28, 2007

  3. Guest

    Vanguard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > http://www.fat-forums.com
    >
    > The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned
    > site.

    bugmenot.com
    "Find and share login credentials for websites that force you to
    register"

    Awww, is it too hard for itty bitty 2-celled brain you to bother
    registering? It's so complicated for you, isn't it. So intead of
    registering, you choose to expend that same level of effort posting in
    a newsgroup. Yeah, like that's logical, uh huh. Can't get your share
    of porn today because you can't use someone else's existing login to a
    porn site? Can't get into that pay-per-view site to violate their TOS
    and also violate bugmenot's TOS? Can't share that hacked e-mail
    account with others? Awww, too too bad. Guess you'll just have to
    wait until someone else does your work for you by registering and then
    posts it at bugmenot so you can share/steal their login. Guess you'll
    have to use just your imagination while polishing your bishop.
    Vanguard, Aug 28, 2007
  4. Guest

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-08-28, <> <> wrote:
    > http://www.fat-forums.com
    >
    > The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.
    > Please help.

    Seems to me that a 'forum' is one of those places where a faked login such
    as Bugmenot jolly well shouldn't work. If you want to post messages or add
    content, register properly. Or take it up directly with the people who
    run that forum or with the people who run Bugmenot.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Aug 28, 2007
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Vanguard" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.fat-forums.com
    >>
    >> The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.

    > bugmenot.com
    > "Find and share login credentials for websites that force you to register"
    >
    > Awww, is it too hard for itty bitty 2-celled brain you to bother
    > registering? It's so complicated for you, isn't it. So intead of
    > registering, you choose to expend that same level of effort posting in a
    > newsgroup. Yeah, like that's logical, uh huh. Can't get your share of
    > porn today because you can't use someone else's existing login to a porn
    > site? Can't get into that pay-per-view site to violate their TOS and also
    > violate bugmenot's TOS? Can't share that hacked e-mail account with
    > others? Awww, too too bad. Guess you'll just have to wait until someone
    > else does your work for you by registering and then posts it at bugmenot
    > so you can share/steal their login. Guess you'll have to use just your
    > imagination while polishing your bishop.

    Thanks for all your help so far.
    Guest, Aug 28, 2007
  6. Guest

    Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > http://www.fat-forums.com

    If you are going to access that site, you need to be aware of its
    policies in the faq
    http://www.fat-forums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_vb_read_and_post
    User Maintenance -- General Forum Usage -- Reading and Posting Messages

    Specifically, if you are trying to access a function that requires
    logging in, you should know this:
    http://www.fat-forums.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_user_maintain#faq_vb_why_register
    Why should I register? -- To register, you will need to specify a
    username and password, and a valid email address.

    > The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.

    If you are going to use a function such as bugmenot, you should
    understand that it 'simply' provides a login/user which is known to work
    for accessing sites which require registration for the purposes of
    viewing a site's content. For viewing fat-forums content, you do not
    need to login

    The most practical use of bugmenot is for accessing such as news sites
    which require registration.

    The business of registering for a site such as a forum which involves
    posting and an 'identity' isn't really appropriate for bugmenot. The
    bugmenot site information and guidelines refers you to a forum where the
    ethics and nuances of bugmenot is discussed
    http://www.poynter.org/article_feedback/article_feedback_list.asp?id=60149
    BugMeNot.com Lets Users Circumvent Forced Registration
    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Aug 28, 2007
  7. Tester wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:05:52 GMT, <> wrote:
    >
    >>http://www.fat-forums.com
    >>
    >>The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.
    >>Please help.
    >>

    > If it's a matter of free registration but you're afraid you'll get
    > spam or lose your privacy, you can just create a new free email
    > address, just use it for this purpose, and then abandon it when you no
    > longer need it.

    This is a job for http://mailinator.com. You give the site at which you
    want to register any mailbox name @mailinator.com and if any mail goes
    there for a few hours the box will be created when the server sees it
    (you don't have to *set up* that mailbox at mailinator). That way, if
    you need, like, one real email from the site at which you're registering
    (say, to receive a password), you can get it by checking that box. But
    then in a few hours the box disappears. Slick, and just right for
    signups, especially if you might *need* a reply once.

    --
    Blinky RLU 297263
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Aug 29, 2007
  8. Guest

    Guest Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Tester wrote:
    >> On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 17:05:52 GMT, <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://www.fat-forums.com
    >>>
    >>>The bugmenot.com credentials do not work for the above mentioned site.
    >>>Please help.
    >>>

    >> If it's a matter of free registration but you're afraid you'll get
    >> spam or lose your privacy, you can just create a new free email
    >> address, just use it for this purpose, and then abandon it when you no
    >> longer need it.

    > This is a job for http://mailinator.com. You give the site at which you
    > want to register any mailbox name @mailinator.com and if any mail goes
    > there for a few hours the box will be created when the server sees it
    > (you don't have to *set up* that mailbox at mailinator). That way, if
    > you need, like, one real email from the site at which you're registering
    > (say, to receive a password), you can get it by checking that box. But
    > then in a few hours the box disappears. Slick, and just right for
    > signups, especially if you might *need* a reply once.
    >
    > --
    > Blinky RLU 297263
    > Killing all posts from Google Groups
    > The Usenet Improvement Project:
    > http://improve-usenet.org <---New Site Aug 28

    I dont understand how it works?
    Guest, Aug 29, 2007
  9. <> wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Tester wrote:

    >>> If it's a matter of free registration but you're afraid you'll get
    >>> spam or lose your privacy, you can just create a new free email
    >>> address, just use it for this purpose, and then abandon it when you no
    >>> longer need it.

    >> This is a job for http://mailinator.com. You give the site at which you
    >> want to register any mailbox name @mailinator.com and if any mail goes
    >> there for a few hours the box will be created when the server sees it
    >> (you don't have to *set up* that mailbox at mailinator). That way, if
    >> you need, like, one real email from the site at which you're registering
    >> (say, to receive a password), you can get it by checking that box. But
    >> then in a few hours the box disappears. Slick, and just right for
    >> signups, especially if you might *need* a reply once.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Blinky RLU 297263
    >> Killing all posts from Google Groups
    >> The Usenet Improvement Project:
    >> http://improve-usenet.org <---New Site Aug 28

    > I dont understand how it works?

    I don't know. Do you?

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 30, 2007
  10. Guest

    Top Guest

    wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    >> Tester wrote:

    >>> If it's a matter of free registration but you're afraid you'll get
    >>> spam or lose your privacy, you can just create a new free email
    >>> address, just use it for this purpose, and then abandon it when you no
    >>> longer need it.

    >> This is a job for http://mailinator.com. You give the site at which you
    >> want to register any mailbox name @mailinator.com and if any mail goes
    >> there for a few hours the box will be created when the server sees it
    >> (you don't have to *set up* that mailbox at mailinator). That way, if
    >> you need, like, one real email from the site at which you're registering
    >> (say, to receive a password), you can get it by checking that box. But
    >> then in a few hours the box disappears. Slick, and just right for
    >> signups, especially if you might *need* a reply once.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Blinky RLU 297263
    >> Killing all posts from Google Groups
    >> The Usenet Improvement Project:
    >> http://improve-usenet.org <---New Site Aug 28

    > I dont understand how it works?

    Go to the webpage and read the information about how to use it. You can
    read so it should not be hard.

    Top
    Top, Aug 30, 2007
  11. Top wrote:
    > wrote:
    >

    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> This is a job for http://mailinator.com. You give the site at which you
    >>> want to register any mailbox name @mailinator.com and if any mail goes
    >>> there for a few hours the box will be created when the server sees it
    >>> (you don't have to *set up* that mailbox at mailinator). That way, if
    >>> you need, like, one real email from the site at which you're registering
    >>> (say, to receive a password), you can get it by checking that box. But
    >>> then in a few hours the box disappears. Slick, and just right for
    >>> signups, especially if you might *need* a reply once.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Blinky RLU 297263
    >>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
    >>> The Usenet Improvement Project:
    >>> http://improve-usenet.org <---New Site Aug 28

    >> I dont understand how it works?
    >>

    > Go to the webpage and read the information about how to use it. You can
    > read so it should not be hard.

    Couldn't read my very simple explanation.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 30, 2007
  12. It was on, or about, Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:04:28 +0000, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, Blinky the Shark wrote:

    <snip>

    You've been busy! I like the new "Usenet Improvement Project" site. :)
    William Poaster, Aug 30, 2007
  13. William Poaster wrote:
    > It was on, or about, Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:04:28 +0000, that as I was
    > halfway through a large jam doughnut, Blinky the Shark wrote:
    >
    ><snip>
    >
    > You've been busy! I like the new "Usenet Improvement Project" site. :)

    Thanks, William. Yeah, I did that Monday and Tuesday, basically. I'd
    had the domain for a while, but hadn't got off dead center long enough
    to code the site. Then once I got started Monday evening, I worked on
    it something like 20+ hours of the next 24. Code run! :)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 30, 2007
  14. It was on, or about, Thu, 30 Aug 2007 04:40:39 +0000, that as I was
    halfway through a large jam doughnut, Top wrote:

    > wrote:
    >

    >> "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >>> This is a job for http://mailinator.com. You give the site at which
    >>> you want to register any mailbox name @mailinator.com and if any mail
    >>> goes there for a few hours the box will be created when the server
    >>> sees it (you don't have to *set up* that mailbox at mailinator). That
    >>> way, if you need, like, one real email from the site at which you're
    >>> registering (say, to receive a password), you can get it by checking
    >>> that box. But then in a few hours the box disappears. Slick, and
    >>> just right for signups, especially if you might *need* a reply once.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Blinky RLU 297263
    >>> Killing all posts from Google Groups
    >>> The Usenet Improvement Project:
    >>> http://improve-usenet.org <---New Site Aug 28

    >> I dont understand how it works?
    >>

    > Go to the webpage and read the information about how to use it. You can
    > read so it should not be hard.
    >
    > Top

    *Ahem* "Microsoft Outlook Express".
    William Poaster, Aug 31, 2007