    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
    http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
    , Jul 20, 2006

  2. Fred Hall Guest

    On 20 Jul 2006 12:52:08 -0700, wrote:

    >Trojan

    Heard about that. Finding many suckers who'll download bughunter?

    --

    "I wish that there were a way to get rid of the
    alt.cretin.nik-warrensson group...its not good for me when people

    Nik Warrensson

    "The signature file at the bottom of your page disturbs me...it is a
    quote from an email I sent to Newsfeeds.com support staff member. I
    will be following this up with Newsfeeds management."

    Nikki Warrensson continues to make a fool of himself in
    MID <>
    Fred Hall, Jul 21, 2006

  3. Guest

    Fred Hall wrote:

    > Heard about that. Finding many suckers who'll download bughunter?

    You heard wrong, Fred. People seem to be enjoying and making use of the
    software, yes. It's featured on most of the antimalware sites which
    actually do know what they are talking about. The webhosting is
    provided by it-mate.co.uk, they do *not* support trojans. I know, your
    slow... So I'll make it easy for you, BugHunter is not, never was,
    never will be a trojan of any sort. Penny was unable to backup his
    claim of it being a trojan, despite several messages back and forth.
    Incidently, not that this would matter to you, since your trolling
    anyways, but BugHunter has been peer reviewed by some highly respected
    individuals in the antivirus community. None of them have reported it
    being anything other then what I said it was, nor have any of them
    reported it doing anything trojan like.

    By what do you mean suckers fred? BugHunter is free, doesn't contain
    advertising, doesn't even ask for a donation. What's better then free?

    --
    Dustin
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
    http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
    , Jul 21, 2006
  4. Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 06:43:09 -0700, bughunter.dustin wrote:

    > You heard wrong, Fred. People seem to be enjoying and making use of the
    > software, yes. It's featured on most of the antimalware sites which
    > actually do know what they are talking about

    Care to post links to those sites that feature bughunter?

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 21, 2006
  5. Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > Care to post links to those sites that feature bughunter?

    http://temerc.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=211216aff2d030dc7533a11ef07fec6e
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/...2c5c7d&showtopic=725&pid=1400&st=0&#entry1400
    http://www.koffix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69

    A bit of googling or simply paying attention here would have provided
    them... Shrug.

    Btw, those sites are run by individuals who do know what trojans are,
    what spyware is, etc.. Good luck trying to BS them into thinking
    Bughunter is something its not.
    , Jul 21, 2006
  6. Top Guest

    After serious thinking wrote :
    > Meat Plow wrote:
    >
    >> Care to post links to those sites that feature bughunter?

    > http://temerc.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=211216aff2d030dc7533a11ef07fec6e
    > http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/...2c5c7d&showtopic=725&pid=1400&st=0&#entry1400
    > http://www.koffix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69
    >
    > A bit of googling or simply paying attention here would have provided
    > them... Shrug.
    >
    > Btw, those sites are run by individuals who do know what trojans are,
    > what spyware is, etc.. Good luck trying to BS them into thinking
    > Bughunter is something its not.

    I see some some confussion over who wrote the program. The only one I
    saw (before the question over ownership of the code) writing about the
    program was you.

    --

    This is not mail, it's news or most of it is sometimes.
    Top, Jul 21, 2006
  7. Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 07:51:35 -0700, bughunter.dustin wrote:

    > Meat Plow wrote:

    Snip restored

    On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 06:43:09 -0700, bughunter.dustin wrote:

    >> You heard wrong, Fred. People seem to be enjoying and making use of the
    >> software, yes. It's featured on most of the antimalware sites which
    >> actually do know what they are talking about

    >> Care to post links to those sites that feature bughunter?

    > http://temerc.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=211216aff2d030dc7533a11ef07fec6e
    > http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/...2c5c7d&showtopic=725&pid=1400&st=0&#entry1400
    > http://www.koffix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69
    >
    > A bit of googling or simply paying attention here would have provided
    > them... Shrug.
    >
    > Btw, those sites are run by individuals who do know what trojans are, what
    > spyware is, etc.. Good luck trying to BS them into thinking Bughunter is
    > something its not.

    Those are forums and not sponsered by any antimalware authors of note (not
    that I expected any)..

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 21, 2006
  8. Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > Those are forums and not sponsered by any antimalware authors of note (not
    > that I expected any)..

    Really? You didn't take a very close look. Malwarebytes is run by the
    Author of AboutBuster; Google for it. :) it's a popular program amongst
    those in the antimalware field.

    temerc.com is a research site, and they've done extensive research on
    the program. The case in point is simply, BugHunter is not a trojan and
    never was a trojan.

    --
    Dustin
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
    http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
    , Jul 21, 2006
  9. Guest

    Top wrote:

    > I see some some confussion over who wrote the program. The only one I
    > saw (before the question over ownership of the code) writing about the
    > program was you.

    Actually, Steve from temerc.com reported initially about the program
    and another individual was curious to know of Dustin or Raid wrote it;
    It wasn't clear at the time if Raid and Dustin were one in the same
    person.

    Raid is my virus writing handle/hacking nick, and Dustin is my real
    name...

    If your curious about what others who are respected think of the
    program, You can checkout David Lipman from alt.comp.virus and Ian
    Fredericks (sp?) who is well respected, and is offering mirror space
    for it.

    alt.comp.virus will provide you whatever information you want to know
    from people besides myself.

    --
    Dustin
    , Jul 21, 2006
  10. Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 09:05:37 -0700, bughunter.dustin wrote:
    Snip restored

    >> You heard wrong, Fred. People seem to be enjoying and making use of the
    >> software, yes. It's featured on most of the antimalware sites which
    >> actually do know what they are talking about

    >> Care to post links to those sites that feature bughunter?

    > http://temerc.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=22&sid=211216aff2d030dc7533a11ef07fec6e
    > http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/...2c5c7d&showtopic=725&pid=1400&st=0&#entry1400
    > http://www.koffix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=69
    >
    >>> A bit of googling or simply paying attention here would have provided
    >>> them... Shrug.

    >>> Btw, those sites are run by individuals who do know what trojans are,
    >>> what spyware is, etc.. Good luck trying to BS them into thinking
    >>> Bughunter is something its not.

    >>Those are forums and not sponsered by any antimalware authors of note
    >>(not that I expected any)..

    > Really? You didn't take a very close look. Malwarebytes is run by the
    > Author of AboutBuster; Google for it. :) it's a popular program amongst
    > those in the antimalware field.

    I'm an IT admin and it's my job to stay abreast of anything that could
    cause harm to my mission critical systems and data. I haven't heard of any
    of those authors/sites and I'm proud to say that I haven't had any data
    loss or system attacks in several years.

    > temerc.com is a research site, and they've done extensive research on the
    > program. The case in point is simply, BugHunter is not a trojan and never
    > was a trojan.

    I never said it was unless I was poking at you. And the next fucking time
    you snip the content of my reply will be the last time.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 21, 2006
  11. Guest

    wrote:

    |>BugHunter is not, never was,
    |>never will be a trojan of any sort. Penny was unable to backup his
    |>claim of it being a trojan, despite several messages back and forth.

    Again I never called it a trojan, virus nor Malware. I only mention'd
    it could cause problems. (Autoexec.NT)

    --
    Why popular antivirus apps 'do not work'
    http://tinyurl.com/e63uw
  12. Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > I'm an IT admin and it's my job to stay abreast of anything that could
    > cause harm to my mission critical systems and data. I haven't heard of any
    > of those authors/sites and I'm proud to say that I haven't had any data
    > loss or system attacks in several years.

    Ahh, I see. I was supposed to provide you with a site you had heard
    of.. haha, sorry my bad. I guess you misunderstand how far I'm willing
    to go to prove that BugHunter isn't a trojan to somebody who posts with
    the name, Meat Plow...I've provided all of the sites and evidence at
    this point that I'm going too. Short of some major player in the
    antivirus/antimalware fields declaring it a trojan, you really haven't
    got a pot to piss in.

    The fact malwarebytes.org or temerc.com or the other one are not sites
    you have heard of don't mean anything to me except that I'm thinking
    you should do a better job of staying on top of malware.. from a
    security standpoint. As I type this, I realize it's a difficult task.
    The idea of staying on top of security threats at this point for
    anything larger then a 30 station lan is a royal pain. If it's not
    glitches/bugs in the software, it's potentially dangerous users of the
    equipment.

    You will either use bughunter or you won't. At the end of the day, it
    doesn't really matter to me. I gain nothing whether you use it or not,
    so... :)

    As for it's usefulness, Various items I submitted just yesterday to
    virustotal.com only hit with bitdefender, unless your clients use that,
    they could in theory come across some rather nasty software. Sophos,
    mcafee, kaspersky, drweb, clamav all missed them.

    > I never said it was unless I was poking at you. And the next fucking time
    > you snip the content of my reply will be the last time.

    I will snip >> and >>> and >>>>.. It's nothing personal against you,
    it's good netiquette. Quote only what you need. I saw no point in
    quoting the entire thread with both replies, if somebody needs to read
    the original, it's the previous one in the thread.

    --
    Dustin
    Author of BugHunter - MalWare Removal Tool
    http://bughunter.it-mate.co.uk
    , Jul 21, 2006
  13. Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > |>BugHunter is not, never was,
    > |>never will be a trojan of any sort. Penny was unable to backup his
    > |>claim of it being a trojan, despite several messages back and forth.
    >
    > Again I never called it a trojan, virus nor Malware. I only mention'd
    > it could cause problems. (Autoexec.NT)

    The url:

    http://groups.google.com/group/24ho...02bdb?lnk=st&q=&rnum=2&hl=en#e448ea0c38602bdb

    And your words:

    "Only thing keeps this from being a trojan is it doesn't install
    itself."

    I had asked several times what made you think it was a trojan, Your

    "it will only run on C drive as does Win98 (ok you can get to another
    partition but it takes work) Your ini paths are Win98
    "C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND" "

    The ini file is keyed to those folders, but they are not win98 folders
    only. Windows XP, win9x, winME all default to that installation folder.

    You then mentioned the registry files and how they could really screw
    somebody up, they can prevent a login assuming the installation folder
    isn't default, but it's not really screwed up. Adaware caused the same
    issue at one point, removing wsaupdater.exe, booting from another cd
    and following a few simple instructions can fix this issue. :)

    "This is a help group and folks should be aware this program could
    really screw them up. "

    "Running any of the REG files would screw anybody with their os on
    another Partition. The autoexec.bat is assuming too much to the point
    of having ADOBEC~1 (whatever that is) installed - none of these are my
    directories: "

    The registry file fixspy.reg will do no harm if your system doesn't
    have those keys, and if your system does have those keys, you'll
    appreciate not having the fake bubble windows anymore from Spyware Axe,
    Spyware Falcon, etc.

    "Your config.nt is even wrong - but you started to get a clue
    (%SystemRoot%\system32)"

    The config.nt file is from microsoft, actually. And they had a clue,
    thanks.

    "Himem.sys must be loaded first before dos can be placed high. This
    file is harmless as it won't do anything."

    While very true with dos, not so with windows NT emulation. dos, ehh,
    is already loaded high. The statement present in the config.nt file is
    unnecessary; and again, that's microsoft's doing, not mine.

    You then mentioned something about the executable itself:

    "It's been encrypted, I know and why I won't... "

    It's actually not encrypted, it is tamper resistant, but not encrypted.

    "SET COMSPEC=%SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\COMMAND.COM
    Doesn't work under XP"

    Actually, it does work under XP. Tried. :)

    "A DOS way to screw with someone was to type PATH - nothing would work
    after that, as it removed all the paths and a reboot was in order. "

    This is just a sillly overstatement on your part, re-running
    autoexec.bat would reset the paths; rebooting isn't necessary. Just a
    tip.

    You also mentioned something about com to exe conversion, BugHunter
    never was a .com file. :) Penny,we both know your not actually a
    programmer, and while I certainly don't mind critism with regards to
    BugHunter, posting hex dumps and claiming safe hex prohibits you from
    running a 9k dos executable, it's plain silly and based on ignorance.
    Had you been able to read the hex dump, you wouldn't have been so
    concerned.

    Ignorance is dangerous, see that yours doesn't spread eh?

    --
    Dustin
  14. Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:44:54 -0700, bughunter.dustin wrote:

> [...]

    > "SET COMSPEC=%SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32\COMMAND.COM Doesn't work under XP"
    >
    > Actually, it does work under XP. Tried. :)
    >
    > "A DOS way to screw with someone was to type PATH - nothing would work
    > after that, as it removed all the paths and a reboot was in order. "
    >
    > This is just a sillly overstatement on your part, re-running autoexec.bat
    > would reset the paths; rebooting isn't necessary. Just a tip.
    >
    > You also mentioned something about com to exe conversion, BugHunter never
    > was a .com file. :) Penny,we both know your not actually a programmer, and
    > while I certainly don't mind critism with regards to BugHunter, posting
    > hex dumps and claiming safe hex prohibits you from running a 9k dos
    > executable, it's plain silly and based on ignorance. Had you been able to
    > read the hex dump, you wouldn't have been so concerned.
    >
    > Ignorance is dangerous, see that yours doesn't spread eh?

    Why don't you practice what you preach, Ignoramus? Penny never called
    your junk a trojan stating that it wasn't a trojan because it didn't
    install itself.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 21, 2006
  15. Guest

    Meat Plow wrote:

    > Why don't you practice what you preach, Ignoramus? Penny never called
    > your junk a trojan stating that it wasn't a trojan because it didn't
    > install itself.

    Just when I was thinking you did have some intelligence about you, you
    have to prove me wrong. :(

    Penny never read any of the documentation, and made alot of errors in
    his diagnosis of the software, quiet sad really. The fact you have to
    try and come to his defense when it's painfully obvious he fucked up is
    even sadder. I've heard of saving face, but he's held his face against
    the pavement going 80mph or more.

    --
    Dustin
  16. Top Guest

    explained on 7/21/2006 :
    > Top wrote:
    >
    >> I see some some confussion over who wrote the program. The only one I
    >> saw (before the question over ownership of the code) writing about the
    >> program was you.

    > Actually, Steve from temerc.com reported initially about the program
    > and another individual was curious to know of Dustin or Raid wrote it;
    > It wasn't clear at the time if Raid and Dustin were one in the same
    > person.
    >
    > Raid is my virus writing handle/hacking nick, and Dustin is my real
    > name...
    >
    > If your curious about what others who are respected think of the
    > program, You can checkout David Lipman from alt.comp.virus and Ian
    > Fredericks (sp?) who is well respected, and is offering mirror space
    > for it.
    >
    > alt.comp.virus will provide you whatever information you want to know
    > from people besides myself.

    With the mixing of names and your spamming here I don't need to check
    or read more.

    --

    Damn Col. Custer where did all those ....
    Top, Jul 22, 2006
  17. chris Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Meat Plow wrote:

    whatever ;-)

    This is the newsgroup alt.comp.virus and I only see your reply, but not the
    posting from Meat Plow.
    Can you stop crossposting messages? I would like to see all the postings and
    not only your replies.
    Reading the newsgroup 24hoursupport.helpdesk is not possible, because ....
    indeed the provider doesn't have that newsgroup.
    chris, Jul 22, 2006
  18. Jimchip Guest

    ["Followup-To:" header set to 24hoursupport.helpdesk.]
    On 2006-07-22, chris <> wrote:
    ><> wrote in message
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    > whatever ;-)
    >
    > This is the newsgroup alt.comp.virus and I only see your reply, but not the
    > posting from Meat Plow.
    > Can you stop crossposting messages? I would like to see all the postings and
    > not only your replies.
    > Reading the newsgroup 24hoursupport.helpdesk is not possible, because ....
    > indeed the provider doesn't have that newsgroup.

    So Chris, You are correct in your request except the idiots doing the
    crossposting without setting a Followup-to are trolls and they don't
    tend to respond to civil requests like yours. Pretty much, crossposting
    is one of their troll tactics (a lame one, I agree). You might want to
    filter crossposts from 24HS.HD just on general principles. You are not
    missing anything in the discussion by not seeing any postings from "Meat
    Head". Overall, this topic was one of their more banal attempts at
    trolling.

    Best wishes, "over there", in alt.comp.virus. Think of me occassionally
    now that you know what I have to live with :)

    --
    In the force if Yoda's so strong, construct a sentence
    with words in the proper order then why can't he?
    Jimchip, Jul 22, 2006
  19. Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 11:15:35 +0200, chris wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    > whatever ;-)
    >
    > This is the newsgroup alt.comp.virus and I only see your reply, but not
    > the posting from Meat Plow.
    > Can you stop crossposting messages? I would like to see all the postings
    > and not only your replies.
    > Reading the newsgroup 24hoursupport.helpdesk is not possible, because ....
    > indeed the provider doesn't have that newsgroup.

    Dustin "bughunter" is a net-kooks, Chris. You'll have to cut him a little
    slack.

    Cheers.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jul 22, 2006
  20. chris wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Meat Plow wrote:

    > whatever ;-)
    >
    > This is the newsgroup alt.comp.virus and I only see your reply, but
    > not the posting from Meat Plow.
    > Can you stop crossposting messages? I would like to see all the
    > postings and not only your replies.

    You made two seemingly contradictory requests here, and I'm not sure
    what you're asking us to do. Do you want to see the entire thread, or
    you want it to go away entirely? If the latter, just kill it. If the
    former...some people trim the groups, others don't, and there's no way
    to control that.

    > Reading the newsgroup 24hoursupport.helpdesk is not possible, because
    > .... indeed the provider doesn't have that newsgroup.

    No, but you can read the thread in Google Groups or you can do what I
    do, find a back-up news provider to fill in the gaps.

    I've not set follow-ups, so it's up to you to decide where your reply,
    if any, goes.

    rl
    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    If you ever need some proof that time can heal your wounds,
    just step inside my heart and walk around these rooms;
    where the shadows used to be.... Mary Chapin Carpenter
    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jul 22, 2006