    Brings a smile everytime "alive" pops up.
    TIA
    Matt
    Matt, Sep 10, 2005

  2. Matt

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 03:43:26 GMT, in message
     <yDsUe.6652$>, Matt wrote:

    > We enjoy using different themes but ran into a problem tonight that I
    > can't fix. Unfortunately I installed and clicked "use theme" for one
    > that isn't fully functional. I can't see the text in order to change to
    > a different one. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox but the
    > same beta looking theme pops up. How can I fix this? Any help greatly
    > appreciated.

    Start Firefox in "safe mode".

    Your Windows start menu should have two icons for Firefox:
    Mozilla Firefox
    Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)

    Close Firefox completely, then start if from the "(Safe Mode)" one.

    Also see http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq#troubeshoot-addons

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    Ralph Fox, Sep 10, 2005

  3. Matt

    Matt Guest

    >>We enjoy using different themes but ran into a problem tonight that I
    >>can't fix. Unfortunately I installed and clicked "use theme" for one
    >>that isn't fully functional. I can't see the text in order to change to
    >>a different one. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox but the
    >>same beta looking theme pops up. How can I fix this? Any help greatly
    >>appreciated.

    > Start Firefox in "safe mode".
    >
    > Your Windows start menu should have two icons for Firefox:
    > Mozilla Firefox
    > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)
    >
    > Close Firefox completely, then start if from the "(Safe Mode)" one.
    >

    > Also see http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq#troubeshoot-addons

    Was unsuccesful trying that. Went to the safe mode and default did not
    return. Put the Beta on and am enjoying that, although some of the
    themes we used are not compatible yet. However, we have the Scriblies
    for the kids, and the default. Also the forecastfox extension works.

    Thank you for your assistance
    Matt
    Matt, Sep 11, 2005
  4. Matt

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:50:52 GMT, in message
     <wjKUe.760$>, Matt wrote:

    > >>We enjoy using different themes but ran into a problem tonight that I
    > >>can't fix. Unfortunately I installed and clicked "use theme" for one
    > >>that isn't fully functional. I can't see the text in order to change to
    > >>a different one. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox but the
    > >>same beta looking theme pops up. How can I fix this? Any help greatly
    > >>appreciated.

    > > Start Firefox in "safe mode".
    > >
    > > Your Windows start menu should have two icons for Firefox:
    > > Mozilla Firefox
    > > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode)
    > >
    > > Close Firefox completely, then start if from the "(Safe Mode)" one.
    > >
    > > Also see http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq#troubeshoot-addons
    > >

    > Was unsuccesful trying that. Went to the safe mode and default did not
    > return. Put the Beta on and am enjoying that, although some of the
    > themes we used are not compatible yet. However, we have the Scriblies
    > for the kids, and the default. Also the forecastfox extension works.
    >
    > Thank you for your assistance

    Firefox 1.0.6 supports "safe mode", but I don't know whether the beta does.
    Ralph Fox, Sep 11, 2005