    Thanks in advance

    Dan

    , Apr 21, 2007

  2. why? Guest

    On 21 Apr 2007 04:00:51 -0700, dancoleman250@ wrote:

    >Can anyone help with this problem?
    >
    >One of my friends has this problem with her PC and I am not sure what
    >to do about it.
    >
    >She sees this error everytime she logs in
    >
    >"microsoft visual c++ routine library

    routine? Not runtime?

    Looks like the version of VC++ library is corrupted / wrong version.

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 63,000 for
    microsoft visual c++ runtime library buffer overrun
    .. (0.28 seconds)

    Microsoft Visual Runtime Library Buffer Overrun - DAL Computer Help
    It doesn't claim to have any viruses but everynow and again it somes up
    with an error box saying: Microsoft visual c++ runtime library buffer
    overrun ...
    www.d-a-l.com/help/showthread.php?t=24971 - 49k - Cached - Similar pages

    A Blog for Graymad : What is a buffer overrun?
    error "Microsoft visual C++ runtime library buffer overrun detected
    program c:/progra~1/plus!/micros~1/iexplore.exe a buffer overrun has
    been detected which ...
    http://weblogs.asp.net/gad/archive/2004/03/23/94996.aspx - 43k - Cached
    - Similar pages

    CLick on the link for Google groups and it's looking like a common
    issue.

    Results 1 - 10 of 344 for microsoft visual c++ runtime library
    buffer overrun

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=microsoft visual c++ runtime library buffer overrun

    >X Buffer Overrun Detected

    It could be an automatic update, maybe some application installed just
    before the fault and after 1st reboot you got the error. Service pack
    issue.

    >Program c:\ windows\ Explorer EXE
    >A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
    >internal state.
    >The programme cannot safely continue execution and must now be
    >terminated."

    So what happens? Can't login at all or it works with a different account
    or not?

    >I am not at the PC in question at the moment so details are a little
    >sketchy.

    You mean like the OS?

    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Dan

    ME

    why?, Apr 21, 2007

  3. On 21 Apr 2007, posted some

    > Can anyone help with this problem?
    >
    > One of my friends has this problem with her PC and I am not sure what
    > to do about it.
    >
    > She sees this error everytime she logs in
    >
    > "microsoft visual c++ routine library
    > X Buffer Overrun Detected
    > Program c:\ windows\ Explorer EXE
    > A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
    > internal state.
    > The programme cannot safely continue execution and must now be
    > terminated."
    >
    > I am not at the PC in question at the moment so details are a little
    > sketchy.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Dan

    Just a hunch, but you might do a little exploring...

    sysinternals processmonitor
    http://tinyurl.com/y355ao

    sysinternals RootkitRevealer
    http://tinyurl.com/yb6d45