    anyone know why?
    Am running WinXP PRO with updates.
    TIA

    no one, Jan 8, 2007

  2. no one

    1932 Guest

    "no one" <> wrote in message
    news:Srtoh.23127$...
    > Buffer overrun detected!
    > _. Program: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
    > A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
    > internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must
    > now be terminated.
    >
    > I get this when I first boot up?
    > anyone know why?
    > Am running WinXP PRO with updates.
    > TIA

    I don`t normally talk to no-one, but...<g..

    Go have a read here,
    http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=40&threadID=165700&messageID=1694231

    Halfway down the page there are some things you should
    try ( click on them one at a time, to read).

    Best wishes

    1932, Jan 8, 2007

  3. no one

    Guest

    "no one" <> wrote:

    >Buffer overrun detected!
    >_. Program: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
    >A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
    >internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must
    >now be terminated.
    >
    >I get this when I first boot up?
    >anyone know why?
    >Am running WinXP PRO with updates.
    >TIA

    RIght Click on "My Computer", Properties, Advanced, Performance
    Settings - DEP Tab

    Select turn on Dep except for the following (or close)
    Explorer should be listed, select it, apply.

    That should get you explorer working, so you can search for malware.

    Click on "How does it work" at the top for DEP explanation.
    --
    watermelons
    http://tinyurl.com/ylotsd

    , Jan 8, 2007
  4. no one

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 09:29:48 -0600, no one wrote:

    >Buffer overrun detected!
    >_. Program: C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

    Is that all of the message?

    >A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's
    >internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must
    >now be terminated.

    Did you install / remove , update anything?

    Basic problems with poor programming techniques.

    >I get this when I first boot up?

    From power on? Do you get it if you C-A-D and restart?

    >anyone know why?

    Maybe, although it could be a number of things.

    Try www.google.com with the same text as you put in your post

    Buffer overrun detected explorer.exe

    gives

    http://www.google.com/search?q=Buffer overrun detected explorer.exe

    Buffer overrun detected - MalekTips Forums
    Buffer overrun detected! Program:C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE. A buffer
    overrun has been detected which has corrupted the programs internal
    state. ...
    http://malektips.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000223.html - 82k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    MBR IT/.NET 247 : Known bug? Buffer overrun error reports after ...
    Program: f:\windows\explorer.exe A buffer overrun has been detected
    which has corrupted the program's internal state. The program cannot
    safely continue ...
    www.dotnet247.com/247reference/msgs/1/7776.aspx - 31k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    Buffer overrun detected - Tech Support Forum
    A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the programĀ“s
    internal state. ... C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\Program\Intel\Intel
    Matrix Storage ...
    www.techsupportforum.com/security-center/hijackthis-log-help/130985-buffer-overrun-detected.html
    - 65k - Cached - Similar pages

    Several other posts mention running HijackThis
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/programs.php
    , you can post the results of the scan to the HJT forum, several are
    listed at
    http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/forums.php

    >Am running WinXP PRO with updates.
    >TIA

    Me

    why?, Jan 8, 2007
  5. no one

    no one Guest

    thanks a million everyone for the quick replies . I will get busy trying and
    reading.
    thanks again!!

    no one, Jan 8, 2007
  6. no one