    what can i do to detect the program causing this (obviously) overflow?

    greets
    joe_hann

    Joe, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Joe

    why? Guest

    On 7 Oct 2003 21:24:25 -0700, Joe wrote:

    >I am quite pleased with xp but i got an strange problem. I guess an
    >normal program or a service of xp running in the background causes an
    >bluescreen after 13d 22h uptime (nr.1 and nr.4 in the list:
    >http://uptime.0rd.net/page.php?page=toplist&content=profile&uid=4976 )
    >what can i do to detect the program causing this (obviously) overflow?

    What is that list on the webpage showing? It's looks only like the last
    15 measured times between bluescreens, reboots. There is nothing there
    to show any problems.

    Besides, why check uptimes of a MS OS, it seems a bit pointless :)

    What you should try looking at is the System and Application Event logs,
    look for the blue screen entries and any Event IDs messages / error
    codes.

    Me

    why?, Oct 8, 2003