Buffalo Wireless Router

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by deepak.pase@gmail.com, Nov 6, 2007.

  1. Guest

    I have a new HP laptop running Windows Vista. My Buffalo WHR-G125
    router is not getting configure on Win Vista.I got 2 installation cd's
    with it. When i try to install the drivers it is getting stuck at
    serching wireless devices & my laptop does nothing after that.I have
    tried using Vista utility to configure wireless device. but all
    invain.
    I have broadband connection & the connection from BB dsl modem
    connects to Wireless router thats fine, LED on the router are showing
    as it mentioned in the manual. So that means router is working fine.

    My wireless router address's are ID: root & ip : 192.168.11.1 status :
    on

    The BB connection I have provides shared ip address & network settings
    are abtained automatically from the network like gatway & subnetmask
    all that stuff.

    My question is where do I put my routers IP address?

    Obviously, the goal here is to connect my laptop to internet thr' my
    wireless router.

    CAN ANYBODY HELP ME? and try to give VISTA compatible drivers for
    Buffalo WHR-G125.

    Thanks

    , Nov 6, 2007

  2. Barb Bowman Guest

    you don't need Vista drivers for the router. you need to configure
    the laptop wireless to connect to the router.

    is your router already configured or not? if it isn't, connect the
    computer to it via a wired port and use IE to log in and configure
    the wireless settings. Be sure to use WPA2 or at least WPA for
    security.

    the HP should have a hardware button or key combo that turns the
    wireless on and off. make sure it is on.

    right click the windows network icon in the system tray near the
    clock and select Connect to...

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS Windows-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Nov 6, 2007

  3. Hi
    If a wireless computer can not connect to a Wireless Router at the default
    setting there is No way to configure the system since you can not connect to
    the Router.
    You have to connect to the Router with a wire (almost all laptops have both
    wire and wireless capacity).
    Connection to the Buffalo menus is done by using the Internet browser and
    the Router's IP.
    Buffalo default user name is root and there is No Password.
    Once connected through a wire, you can configure the Router's Wireless part,
    then switch the laptop to Wireless and configure it in the same way the
    Router is.
    These pages and the Router's manual can further help.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Nov 6, 2007