    They look like a nice simple featured phone, but I want a couple others
    opinion before I buy.

    Thanks,

    Ron Crash, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Ron Crash

    Steve Blair Guest

    Dear Ron:

    I've never heard of these. Can you provide more
    detail? I'm looking for SIP based, easy to use,
    rugged single line sets.

    Thanks,Steve

    Steve Blair, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Ron Crash

    Ron Crash Guest

    They are from Grandstream

    http://www.grandstream.com/y-product.htm

    http://www.ovislink.ca/News/BT100.htm

    Ron Crash, Jul 30, 2003
  4. Ron Crash

    Beep Guest

    Ron Crash wrote:

    > Are these any good / bad to use with Asterisk?
    >
    > They look like a nice simple featured phone, but I want a couple others
    > opinion before I buy.
    >
    > Thanks,

    A simple problem with this kind of VoIP Phone is that you are tethered to
    the based of the unit, i.e. you are not mobileable when using the device.
    Sure it looks nice, especially it is a whole as a VoIP device that requires
    no host (computer) to operate. I wonder how much does this device cost on
    an open market.

    Basically, I am pretty happy with my VoIPBlaster (VB) devices that I bought
    for about US$10/each and can use them to communicate with my folks using
    fobbit software (http://www.fobbit.org). The beauty of using such a VB
    device is that I can attached a cordless phone and be able to talk to my
    folks while taking a dump in the restroom or working out in my gymnastic
    room!

    Beep, Aug 3, 2003
  5. Ron Crash

    Kyler Laird Guest

    "Ron Crash" <> writes:

    >Well, they do have a device that you can plug any phone into which makes it
    >a VoIP handset. So you could get the cordless phone and do the same. They
    >have not released it yet, but soon.

    Have any of the phones been released? Where do I get some?

    I've seen reviews of the 101 and 102, but I thought they were just
    preview versions. I haven't found anyone selling them.

    Thank you.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Aug 4, 2003
  6. Ron Crash

    Thomas Ries Guest

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:19:08 +0200, Kyler Laird wrote:

    > "Ron Crash" <> writes:
    >
    >>Well, they do have a device that you can plug any phone into which makes
    >>it a VoIP handset. So you could get the cordless phone and do the same.
    >> They have not released it yet, but soon.

    > Have any of the phones been released? Where do I get some?
    >
    > I've seen reviews of the 101 and 102, but I thought they were just
    > preview versions. I haven't found anyone selling them.

    I'm looking for a place withing *Switzerland* to buy such a phone.
    But it only seems to be possible to directly order at grandstream.
    According to info from grandstream, the cost of the model 101
    is about 75 US$, the 102 costs 85 US$. Shipment to Switzerland
    is typically around 75 US$.

    Is there anybody out here from Switzerland that also plays with
    the thought of buying an grandstream SIP phone? If so, we could
    make an collective order to reduce the huge shipment cost.

    Regards,
    /Thomas

    --
    To mail me, include my GPG fingerprint in your message body.
    Mails without fingerprint may be trashed by SPAM filters.

    Key fingerprint = 13D1 19F5 77D0 4CEC 8D3F A24E 09FC C18A 87BC DC94

    Thomas Ries, Aug 5, 2003
  7. Ron Crash

    Kyler Laird Guest

    Thomas Ries <> writes:

    >> Have any of the phones been released? Where do I get some?

    >I'm looking for a place withing *Switzerland* to buy such a phone.
    >But it only seems to be possible to directly order at grandstream.
    >According to info from grandstream, the cost of the model 101
    >is about 75 US$, the 102 costs 85 US$. Shipment to Switzerland
    >is typically around 75 US$.

    Where do you see this?! I've checked
    http://grandstream.com/
    several times over the last few months but I haven't found any
    mention of prices (other than "World's Most Cost Affordable") or
    availability.

    I want to plug in my credit card number and get a couple of these.
    Even if they are crappy, they'd be a place to start for VoIP
    experiments.

    Thank you.

    --kyler

    Kyler Laird, Aug 5, 2003
  8. Ron Crash

    Thomas Ries Guest

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 15:19:10 +0200, Kyler Laird wrote:

    > Thomas Ries <> writes:
    >
    >>> Have any of the phones been released? Where do I get some?

    >>I'm looking for a place withing *Switzerland* to buy such a phone. But
    >>it only seems to be possible to directly order at grandstream. According
    >>to info from grandstream, the cost of the model 101 is about 75 US$, the
    >>102 costs 85 US$. Shipment to Switzerland is typically around 75 US$.

    > Where do you see this?! I've checked
    > http://grandstream.com/
    > several times over the last few months but I haven't found any mention
    > of prices (other than "World's Most Cost Affordable") or availability.
    >
    > I want to plug in my credit card number and get a couple of these. Even
    > if they are crappy, they'd be a place to start for VoIP experiments.

    I wrote a email to the cpntact address mentioned on the web site
    (info at grandstream dot com) and asked for prices and distributors.
    (They only have offices in US and China).

    /Thomas

    Thomas Ries, Aug 6, 2003
  9. Ron Crash

    T Horse Guest

    I've order from a company called TelAppliant (www.telappliant.com) based in
    the UK. From what I hear they ship to anywhere in Europe.

    T Horse, Aug 6, 2003
  10. Ron Crash

    Beep Guest

    Well, until the company has released the device for sale, it looks like they
    don't have such a device.

    Beep, Aug 7, 2003
  11. Thomas,

    i'm working for a german company which is selling the Grandstream
    Budgetone IP Phone.

    Best regards,

    Michael

    michael koehler, Aug 15, 2003
  12. Ron Crash

    Thomas Ries Guest

    Hi,

    I have now ordered a pair of SIP phones (Budgetone) from SipPhone.com.
    As promised they delivered withing more or less one week - even
    to Switzerland (however, the shipment is about 80 US$).

    And it works (however it seems that the phones still have one or the
    other bug in their firmware).

    Thanks to all that provided me with infos where to buy SIP phones.

    Regards,
    /Thomas

    --
    To mail me, include my GPG fingerprint in your message body.
    Mails without fingerprint may be trashed by SPAM filters.
    Key fingerprint = 13D1 19F5 77D0 4CEC 8D3F A24E 09FC C18A 87BC DC94

    VoIP: (still experimental, try it)

    Thomas Ries, Aug 25, 2003
  13. Ron Crash

    Steve Blair Guest

    Dear Thomas:

    What kind of bugs are you seeing with their
    software?

    Thanks,Steve

    Steve Blair, Aug 26, 2003
  14. Ron Crash

    Thomas Ries Guest

    On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:57:00 +0200, Steve Blair wrote:

    > Dear Thomas:
    >
    > What kind of bugs are you seeing with their
    > software?
    >
    > Thanks,Steve

    [...]

    Software Version:
    Program--1.0.3.78 Bootloader--1.0.0.7 HTML--1.0.0.16

    observed bugs up to now:

    - When entering a full SIP URI to make a call (see manual section 4.3.2)
    the letter 'q' is missing in the encoding scheme.
    It should be accessible by entering a 72 - but this results in an 'r'.

    - Sometimes (don't know how to reproduce this one) when changing
    the volume level, the audible volume just does increase - even when
    I try to lower it. The bar on the LCD however behaves correctly

    /Thomas

    --
    To mail me, include my GPG fingerprint in your message body.
    Mails without fingerprint may be trashed by SPAM filters.
    Key fingerprint = 13D1 19F5 77D0 4CEC 8D3F A24E 09FC C18A 87BC DC94
    VoIP: sip:

    Thomas Ries, Aug 29, 2003