    softphone).

    Has anyone seen this?

    Thank you.

    Vincent Delporte, Oct 3, 2006

  2. "Vincent Delporte" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > When that IP phone is located on the same network as the Axon PBX
    > server (a free Windows program), it works just fine, but when it's
    > located on a remote network on the Net, it will often stop ringing. In
    > the setup I need to use, the BT is connected to one of those modem +
    > hub ADSL modems. Typically, it will resume ringing after I reboot the
    > phone.
    >
    > FWIW, there's no firewall involved on the phone side (ie. the BT is
    > located on a hub that is in the public part of the network; the PBX,
    > OTOH, is located in a private network protected by a NAT firewall),
    > and I upgraded the BT to 1.0.8.32, but that didn't solve the issue. It
    > seems to occur after I made some calls to another SIP device (X-Lite
    > softphone).
    >
    > Has anyone seen this?
    >
    > Thank you.

    You might try playing with registration expiry setting(s).

    Jonathan Roberts, Oct 4, 2006

  3. On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:40:01 -0500, "Jonathan Roberts"
    <> wrote:
    >You might try playing with registration expiry setting(s).

    I was thinking of something like that, and I'll see if that solves the
    issue, but it can happen just seconds after I received a call
    successfully. I wonder if it's not something in the modem.

    Vincent Delporte, Oct 4, 2006
  4. On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:40:01 -0500, "Jonathan Roberts"
    <> wrote:
    >You might try playing with registration expiry setting(s).

    OK, I tried this, it does improve things, but after a few calls, the
    BT no longers answers incoming calls, and the caller gets a "Call
    failed: Temporarily unavailable". The problem is... temporarily solved
    by waiting a bit or using the BT to call someone.

    I changed Register Expiration from 3600 to 20, then tried changing
    keep-alive interval from 20 to 5 (but when relogging to the web
    interface, this value is put back to 20: Is 5 too low and not
    allowed?)

    Has anyone seen this? Looks like the modem/hub would close all ports
    for a while (UDP 5060 in this case).

    Vincent Delporte, Oct 4, 2006
  5. "Vincent Delporte" <> wrote in message
    > OK, I tried this, it does improve things, but after a few calls, the
    > BT no longers answers incoming calls, and the caller gets a "Call
    > failed: Temporarily unavailable". The problem is... temporarily solved
    > by waiting a bit or using the BT to call someone.

    When this happens, does the server show a connection to the device any
    longer? I know how to check this under Asterisk but haven't a clue in
    Axon...?

    Jonathan

    Jonathan Roberts, Oct 5, 2006
  6. On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 21:55:33 -0500, "Jonathan Roberts"
    <> wrote:
    >When this happens, does the server show a connection to the device any
    >longer? I know how to check this under Asterisk but haven't a clue in
    >Axon...?

    I'll see if I can gather data from the Axon PBX and the X-Lite
    softphone that I use to call the BT phone, but regarless, when setting
    up a call, is the PBX involved at all?

    I though it would just hand out the IP and port of the remote device,
    and then get out of the loop, ie. the softphone will dial the IP +
    port of the BT phone directly.

    I ordered an el cheapo USB IP phone. If I can solve the BT issue, I'll
    see if a USB phone works better.

    Vincent Delporte, Oct 5, 2006
  7. "Vincent Delporte" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 21:55:33 -0500, "Jonathan Roberts"
    > <> wrote:
    > >When this happens, does the server show a connection to the device any
    > >longer? I know how to check this under Asterisk but haven't a clue in
    > >Axon...?

    > I'll see if I can gather data from the Axon PBX and the X-Lite
    > softphone that I use to call the BT phone, but regarless, when setting
    > up a call, is the PBX involved at all?

    Good question. To be honest, under Axon, I don't have a clue. I was
    assuming the devices were registering with the server. Regardless of the
    transport between the two endpoints, I would think you would still see a
    connection. When have this problem, I am wondering if it is completely
    losing its registration. I'm tired, so this may not make perfect sense...
    <g>

    Jonathan Roberts, Oct 6, 2006
  8. On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:27:09 -0500, "Jonathan Roberts"
    <> wrote:
    >Good question. To be honest, under Axon, I don't have a clue. I was
    >assuming the devices were registering with the server. Regardless of the
    >transport between the two endpoints, I would think you would still see a
    >connection. When have this problem, I am wondering if it is completely
    >losing its registration. I'm tired, so this may not make perfect sense...

    I'll keep reading on VoIP but I was under the impression that VoIP
    devices only query the PBX to get the remote VoIP device's IP and
    port, and from there on, the two devices talk to each other... but I
    may be wrong.

    Anyhow... turns out that the four Ethernet ports that make up the
    switch part on that modem can only be used reliably once the thingie
    has been reconfigured to work as a router. The fact that the BT phone
    would ring every so often was just luck, apparently.

    Thanks a lot for your help :)

    Vincent Delporte, Oct 6, 2006
  9. "Vincent Delporte" <> wrote in message
    > Anyhow... turns out that the four Ethernet ports that make up the
    > switch part on that modem can only be used reliably once the thingie
    > has been reconfigured to work as a router. The fact that the BT phone
    > would ring every so often was just luck, apparently.

    Wow, strange :>

    > Thanks a lot for your help :)

    You're most welcome!

    Jonathan Roberts, Oct 7, 2006