    pricespy's video card page I'm way out of my depth.

    Any hints greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.

    Mr_Bond, Jul 29, 2008

  2. Mr_Bond

    EMB Guest

    Brian Mathews wrote:

    > Can pick them up on TradeMe for say $100.

    No CGA on Trademe Roger, so any card bought there must be CrAp.

    EMB, Jul 29, 2008

  3. Mr_Bond

    Mr_Bond Guest

    On Jul 30, 12:57 pm, thingy <> wrote:
    > Brian Mathews wrote:

    > >> For that money I would not bother...you will be lucky to find anything
    > >> at that price new in AGP that is going to run fast enough to be worth
    > >> spending the money on...pci-e cards are cheaper for $80~90 the 8600GT is
    > >> worth buying....so,

    > >> If you have a new enough CPU then replacing the motherboard with a new
    > >> motherboard that has onboard graphics and a spare pci-e for future
    > >> expansion would be the best bet.

    > >> regards

    > >> thing

    > > On board graphics is OK for office use or 2D games but that is all, so just don't waste your money
    > > on them..

    > depends on the use...mine does several 3d games OK....I wouldnt expect
    > tiger woods 08 to be graphics intensive so it maybe fine.
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks for the leftfield solution, but I'll probably stay with the
    current motherboard for now. The system is perfect for its current
    use, but it can't run Tiger Woods as "needed". The extent of the
    other games in his library is solitaire and minesweeper, so I'm happy
    for a quick $60-70 fix.

    Will keep an eye out for the 6800gt, and if I need to up the
    timeframe, the 9550.

    Mr_Bond, Jul 30, 2008
  4. Mr_Bond

    Tony Guest

    Tony, Jul 30, 2008
  5. Mr_Bond

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2008-07-29, Mr_Bond <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > 18 months ago I brought a PS3 and have completely taken my eye off the
    > graphics card game. I now need to buy a card for a friend that will
    > play tiger woods 08 to the best of my budget, which is $60-70. Needs
    > to be AGP rather than PCI express. Running Xp at the moment, but some
    > future proofing would be nice.

    you want future proof _and_ agp ?

    Bye.
    Jasen

    Jasen Betts, Jul 30, 2008
  6. In article <75653132-7732-4390-a405-
    >,
    says...
    > Needs
    > to be AGP rather than PCI express. Running Xp at the moment, but some
    > future proofing would be nice.

    I am afraid that AGP and future proofing don't really go
    together in the same sentence any more. All you'll get in AGP
    these days are a few legacy cards, sorry.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jul 30, 2008