Buddy Holly - anniversary of death Feb 3

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard1969@usa.com, Feb 2, 2006.

  1. Guest

    As I was only 9 years old at the time, I never did get to know much
    about Holly until years later.
    Quite frankly, I just do not see how Holly got to be so popular with
    his style of so called music and lyrics.
    But then, stronger and hotter stars have been born with less.

    On one web site I saw tonnight, ut showed a photo of the plane crash
    site with the bodies still on the ground.

    According to the official report, the plane crashed mainly due to the
    inexperience of the pilot who lacked certification in instrument
    flying. Something you must have if you fly at night Or cant rely on
    vision alone due to weather conditions.

    The reason for the flight? The bus the musicians were using had no
    heat. Reportedly, one passenger developed frost bite. Holly said
    "forget it". He chartered the plane to fly them to their next tour
    stop. Maybe Holly should have chartered another bus with heat.

    , Feb 2, 2006

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    spewed forth:
    > As I was only 9 years old at the time, I never did get to know much
    > about Holly until years later.
    > Quite frankly, I just do not see how Holly got to be so popular with
    > his style of so called music and lyrics.

    Quite frankly, we don't give a damn about your silly opinions.

    Toolman Tim, Feb 2, 2006

  3. Martik Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > As I was only 9 years old at the time, I never did get to know much
    > about Holly until years later.
    > Quite frankly, I just do not see how Holly got to be so popular with
    > his style of so called music and lyrics.
    > But then, stronger and hotter stars have been born with less.
    >
    > On one web site I saw tonnight, ut showed a photo of the plane crash
    > site with the bodies still on the ground.
    >
    > According to the official report, the plane crashed mainly due to the
    > inexperience of the pilot who lacked certification in instrument
    > flying. Something you must have if you fly at night Or cant rely on
    > vision alone due to weather conditions.
    >
    > The reason for the flight? The bus the musicians were using had no
    > heat. Reportedly, one passenger developed frost bite. Holly said
    > "forget it". He chartered the plane to fly them to their next tour
    > stop. Maybe Holly should have chartered another bus with heat.

    If you cannot appreciate his music you know nothing about music.

    "Probably one of the rejects from American Idol tryouts"

    Martik, Feb 2, 2006
  4. FML Guest

    "The day, the music died"

    FML, Feb 2, 2006
  5. Book End Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > As I was only 9 years old at the time, I never did get to know much
    > about Holly until years later.
    > Quite frankly, I just do not see how Holly got to be so popular with
    > his style of so called music and lyrics.
    > But then, stronger and hotter stars have been born with less.

    <snip the crap>
    Amongst all the performers that have died you remember the anniversary of
    Buddy Holly's death. Why the **** would you remember the day someone died if
    you have no interest?

    Book End, Feb 2, 2006
  6. On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 17:56:58 -0800, Toolman Tim wrote:

    > In news:,
    > spewed forth:
    >> As I was only 9 years old at the time, I never did get to know much
    >> about Holly until years later.
    >> Quite frankly, I just do not see how Holly got to be so popular with his
    >> style of so called music and lyrics.

    > Quite frankly, we don't give a damn about your silly opinions.

    You still reading G2 posters, Tim? ;)

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 2, 2006
  7. On Thu, 02 Feb 2006 13:42:45 +1030, Book End wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> As I was only 9 years old at the time, I never did get to know much
    >> about Holly until years later.
    >> Quite frankly, I just do not see how Holly got to be so popular with his
    >> style of so called music and lyrics. But then, stronger and hotter stars
    >> have been born with less.
    >>

    > <snip the crap>
    > Amongst all the performers that have died you remember the anniversary of
    > Buddy Holly's death. Why the **** would you remember the day someone died
    > if you have no interest?

    He said he saw it on the news. He didn't say he remembered it.

    Blinky the Shark, Feb 2, 2006