    copies for sale yet? Instead of purchasing the original copies and sending
    them in for replacement, I chose to wait for the corrected copies to come
    out which was stated to be in September. Michael S.
    Michael S., Sep 29, 2003

  2. In article <>, Michael S. says...

    > Cannot locate any copies of Back to the Future trilogy in local stores and
    > this question has not been asked for a while--has anyone seen any corrected
    > copies for sale yet? Instead of purchasing the original copies and sending
    > them in for replacement, I chose to wait for the corrected copies to come
    > out which was stated to be in September. Michael S.

    I have a set on the way from Deep Discount DVD. I'll let you know what I
    get.

    Edward
    Edward Curtis, Sep 29, 2003

  3. In news:p,
    Michael S. <> said in a panic:
    > Cannot locate any copies of Back to the Future trilogy in local
    > stores and this question has not been asked for a while--has anyone
    > seen any corrected copies for sale yet? Instead of purchasing the
    > original copies and sending them in for replacement, I chose to wait
    > for the corrected copies to come out which was stated to be in
    > September. Michael S.

    The new V2's are still screwed up, the contrast during the first
    half of BTTF 3 is too dark.

    So I'd suggest holding off a bit longer.

    (Damn Universal idiots)

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Michael S.

    Zimmy Guest

    You'll be waiting forever.

    The contrast/brightness is screwed up in every release of American Pie
    (which is like, 7?)
    They won't correct that.
    That is Universla for ya.

    Zimmy, Sep 29, 2003
  5. Michael S.

    Doonie Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 00:04:55 -0500, "Demolition Man wrote:

    >The new V2's are still screwed up, the contrast during the first
    >half of BTTF 3 is too dark.

    It wasn't screwed up in the first widescreen release? What about
    the open matte version?
    Doonie, Sep 30, 2003
  6. Michael S.

    ZC TGS Guest

    On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:50:51 GMT, Doonie
    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 00:04:55 -0500, "Demolition Man wrote:
    >
    >>The new V2's are still screwed up, the contrast during the first
    >>half of BTTF 3 is too dark.

    > It wasn't screwed up in the first widescreen release? What about
    >the open matte version?

    Is this in just the Region 1 release or does it affect Region 2 as
    well?
    ZC TGS, Sep 30, 2003
  7. Michael S.

    Frank Guest

    I haven't seen them, and I've checked the local stores about once a week.

    Don't hold your breath - it's Universal afterall - no QA/QC to speak of.

    Frank, Sep 30, 2003
  8. In news:bl99km$9flka$-berlin.de,
    Zimmy <> said in a panic:
    > You'll be waiting forever.
    >
    > The contrast/brightness is screwed up in every release of American Pie
    > (which is like, 7?)
    > They won't correct that.
    > That is Universla for ya.

    Geeeezzzzzz... I got two words then:

    **** UNIVERSAL!

    Nuf said.

    --
    Brian "Demolition Man" Little
    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Oct 1, 2003
  9. In article <>, Doonie says...

    > On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 00:04:55 -0500, "Demolition Man wrote:
    >
    > >The new V2's are still screwed up, the contrast during the first
    > >half of BTTF 3 is too dark.

    > It wasn't screwed up in the first widescreen release? What about
    > the open matte version?

    HomeTheaterForum.com's FAQ on this issue states the contrast problem
    seems to be with NON-Region 1 V2's. Region 1 is OK.

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?M27035016

    Edward
    Edward Curtis, Oct 1, 2003
  10. "Brian \"Demolition Man\" Little" <> writes:

    >In news:bl99km$9flka$-berlin.de,
    >Zimmy <> said in a panic:
    >> You'll be waiting forever.
    >>
    >> The contrast/brightness is screwed up in every release of American Pie
    >> (which is like, 7?)
    >> They won't correct that.
    >> That is Universla for ya.

    >Geeeezzzzzz... I got two words then:

    >**** UNIVERSAL!

    >Nuf said.

    A bit late but...

    The contrast glitch is NOT present in the Region 1 V2 disc. It is an
    issue in Region 2 and possibly other PAL regions, but it is NOT an issue
    for Region 1 users.

    Also, a fix is already on the way (a V3 disc, apparently), from what I've
    heard.

    --
    See the documented lies of Pastor Frank: http://tinyurl.com/6009
    Who said that SPEWS was dead? http://spews.org/
    Keenan Clay Wilkie, Oct 3, 2003
  11. Michael S.

    Si Guest

    "Keenan Clay Wilkie" <> wrote in message

    > The contrast glitch is NOT present in the Region 1 V2 disc. It is an
    > issue in Region 2 and possibly other PAL regions, but it is NOT an issue
    > for Region 1 users.
    >
    > Also, a fix is already on the way (a V3 disc, apparently), from what I've
    > heard.

    I see. Care to elaborate? When, where and all that.

    Si
    Si, Oct 3, 2003
  12. Michael S.

    Evil Guest

    "Michael S." <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Cannot locate any copies of Back to the Future trilogy in local stores and
    > this question has not been asked for a while--has anyone seen any corrected
    > copies for sale yet? Instead of purchasing the original copies and sending
    > them in for replacement, I chose to wait for the corrected copies to come
    > out which was stated to be in September. Michael S.

    I'm just waiting until they sell BTTF 1 solo :)
    Evil, Oct 3, 2003