  1. Jungle Boy

    Jungle Boy Guest

    Any ideas how to setup Sipgate on a 2WIRE BT2700HGV router ?
    Jungle Boy, Aug 5, 2006

  2. Jungle Boy

    Jungle Boy Guest

    Is there anyone out there with a 2WIRE BT2700HGV router but is using it on a non-BT ISP ?

    After entering the manual configuration key (5225-2374-WG62-22AS-BJ7P) from the 2wire website the BT
    supplied username/password can be over-riden with your ISP supplied username/password settings.
    After entering the MTU value (1492 in my case) and re-typing the username/password the connection
    sync'ed up to my Eclipse ISP.

    Now the problem is getting the VOIP to work. I'd prefer Sipphone or Sipgate to BT Broadband Voice
    but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to enter the required settings.

    The BT2700HGV VOIP settings are:
    User Name
    Auth Username
    Auth Password

    There's no mention of SIP Server, Domain, STUN Server, SIP ID and SIP number on the routers
    webpage. I've rang and emailed BT but they're a waste of space. These extra SIP settings are
    probably hard encoded to point at BT Broadband Voice servers. BT don't know of any special key code
    to unlock the VOIP.

    So if anyone knows how to get a non BT Broadband Voice VOIP such as Sipphone or Sipgate I'd be
    interested to hearing from you.

    -JB
    Jungle Boy, Aug 5, 2006

  3. "Jungle Boy" <jungle.boy ( AT ) btconnect.com> wrote in message
    > Is there anyone out there with a 2WIRE BT2700HGV router but is using it on
    > a non-BT ISP ?
    >
    > After entering the manual configuration key (5225-2374-WG62-22AS-BJ7P)
    > from the 2wire website the BT
    > supplied username/password can be over-riden with your ISP supplied
    > username/password settings.
    > After entering the MTU value (1492 in my case) and re-typing the
    > username/password the connection
    > sync'ed up to my Eclipse ISP.

    This is normal. The makers (2Wire) call it 'Greenlight'
    Throw it away. There are many forums of people trying to use them, some with
    varying degrees of sucess, primarily by changing the activation key to a
    generic/non-BT one.
    Google is your friend.
    Carl Farrington, Aug 5, 2006
  4. Jungle Boy

    Jungle Boy Guest

    Yes, I've seen the posts about the problems some people are having but nothing about the VOIP side
    of things. I asked BT if they had another key code besides the manual one that 2wire offers but they
    didn't know what I was talking about. It's working ok at a standard wifi router at the moment.
    Hopefully 2wire will email me on Monday so I might get somewhere then.
    -JB
    Jungle Boy, Aug 5, 2006
  5. "Jungle Boy" <jungle.boy ( AT ) btconnect.com> wrote in message
    > Yes, I've seen the posts about the problems some people are having but
    > nothing about the VOIP side
    > of things. I asked BT if they had another key code besides the manual one
    > that 2wire offers but they
    > didn't know what I was talking about. It's working ok at a standard wifi
    > router at the moment.
    > Hopefully 2wire will email me on Monday so I might get somewhere then.

    I seem to remember this being a stumbling block for those guys who did
    manage to configure the router for a different ISP. They were unable to use
    the SIP stuff. :(

    Good luck anyway! I threw one in the bin last week after deciding I couldn't
    be arsed and needed the space. Wish I'd kept it at just as a Wireless Access
    Point now (I use a PCI card with Routing & Remote Access on server2003 so no
    need for the routing part).
    Carl Farrington, Aug 5, 2006
  6. Jungle Boy

    Jungle Boy Guest

    Email from 2wire, quote "Unfortunately, 2Wire does not support the VoIP functionality of the HGV
    units in any way, shape, or form".

    In the BT2700HGV router http://192.168.1.254/management under Advanced->Provisioning Info is a
    reference to SIP QOS Server Addr 81.144.106.0

    This IP doesn't have reverse DNS but it pings ok although I haven't discovered anything about this
    server.

    The appears to be just the default username.
    It also lists the BT Broadband help desk phone number "0845-600-7020" where they know nothing about
    how to get the VOIP working on this router.

    Also the is listed here but according to the above quote from 2wire in the words
    of Manuel from Fawlty Towers, "I know nothing".

    -JB
    Jungle Boy, Aug 6, 2006
  7. Jungle Boy

    jasee Guest

    Carl Farrington wrote:
    > "Jungle Boy" <jungle.boy ( AT ) btconnect.com> wrote in message
    >> Yes, I've seen the posts about the problems some people are having
    >> but nothing about the VOIP side
    >> of things. I asked BT if they had another key code besides the
    >> manual one that 2wire offers but they
    >> didn't know what I was talking about. It's working ok at a standard
    >> wifi router at the moment.
    >> Hopefully 2wire will email me on Monday so I might get somewhere
    >> then.

    > I seem to remember this being a stumbling block for those guys who did
    > manage to configure the router for a different ISP. They were unable
    > to use the SIP stuff. :(
    >
    > Good luck anyway! I threw one in the bin last week after deciding I
    > couldn't be arsed and needed the space. Wish I'd kept it at just as a
    > Wireless Access Point now (I use a PCI card with Routing & Remote
    > Access on server2003 so no need for the routing part).

    Maybe not as I don't think the range can be very good as the aerial consists
    of about a 2 inch length of printed circuit board!
    jasee, Sep 1, 2006