BT VOYAGER 2500V with VOIP

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Homeworker, Jan 18, 2008.

  1. Homeworker

    Homeworker Guest

    da wonder of ebay

    I bought a BT VOYAGER 2500V with built in
    VOIP support and telephone socket

    i presume this means no computer needs to be
    on just the router at all times

    i presume if i use somepne like sipgate who support
    multiple voip companies i can have multiple lines
    phone numers incoming

    i presume if i want to take full advantage multiple
    outgoing i need to buy separately somehting like
    a grandstream

    am i learning , trying hard here to get to grips
    with this technology

    --
    http://www.gradwell.com/voip/pricing/
    http://www.sipgate.co.uk/user/tarife.php?show=2
    Homeworker, Jan 18, 2008

  2. Homeworker

    Custard Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 07:11:08 GMT, "Homeworker" <>
    wrote:

    >da wonder of ebay
    >
    >I bought a BT VOYAGER 2500V with built in
    >VOIP support and telephone socket
    >
    >i presume this means no computer needs to be
    >on just the router at all times

    Correct.

    >i presume if i use somepne like sipgate who support
    >multiple voip companies i can have multiple lines
    >phone numers incoming

    Possibly ! My one was enabled for BT Talk so haven't tried others.

    >i presume if i want to take full advantage multiple
    >outgoing i need to buy separately somehting like
    >a grandstream

    HMMMMMMMMM
    Custard, Jan 18, 2008

  3. Homeworker

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Homeworker wrote:
    > da wonder of ebay
    >
    > I bought a BT VOYAGER 2500V with built in
    > VOIP support and telephone socket

    Good for you.

    > i presume this means no computer needs to be
    > on just the router at all times

    Correct

    > i presume if i use somepne like sipgate who support
    > multiple voip companies i can have multiple lines
    > phone numers incoming

    Maybe.

    > i presume if i want to take full advantage multiple
    > outgoing i need to buy separately somehting like
    > a grandstream

    A Grandstream what?

    > am i learning , trying hard here to get to grips
    > with this technology

    I know. Technology can be difficult. Generally one starts a sentence
    with a capital letter and i by itself is usually a capital I. You will
    find the shift keys on your keyboard will produce these characyers if
    you hold one down whilst pressing the character you wish to capitalise.

    Full stops are customary at the end of sentences. On a UK keyboard the
    full stop key is just left of the ?
    Desk Rabbit, Jan 18, 2008
  4. Homeworker

    Nick Guest

    "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    > Homeworker wrote:
    > > da wonder of ebay
    > >
    > > I bought a BT VOYAGER 2500V with built in
    > > VOIP support and telephone socket

    > Good for you.
    >

    > > i presume this means no computer needs to be
    > > on just the router at all times

    > Correct
    >
    > > i presume if i use somepne like sipgate who support
    > > multiple voip companies i can have multiple lines
    > > phone numers incoming

    > Maybe.
    >
    > > i presume if i want to take full advantage multiple
    > > outgoing i need to buy separately somehting like
    > > a grandstream

    > A Grandstream what?
    >
    > > am i learning , trying hard here to get to grips
    > > with this technology

    > I know. Technology can be difficult. Generally one starts a sentence
    > with a capital letter and i by itself is usually a capital I. You will
    > find the shift keys on your keyboard will produce these characyers if
    > you hold one down whilst pressing the character you wish to capitalise.
    >
    > Full stops are customary at the end of sentences. On a UK keyboard the
    > full stop key is just left of the ?

    And once these skills are achieved, correct spelling is the next.
    Nick, Jan 18, 2008
  5. Homeworker

    Guest

    On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:58:37 GMT, "Nick" <>
    wrote:

    >"Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >> Homeworker wrote:
    >> > da wonder of ebay
    >> >
    >> > I bought a BT VOYAGER 2500V with built in
    >> > VOIP support and telephone socket

    >> Good for you.
    >>

    >> > i presume this means no computer needs to be
    >> > on just the router at all times

    >> Correct
    >>
    >> > i presume if i use somepne like sipgate who support
    >> > multiple voip companies i can have multiple lines
    >> > phone numers incoming

    >> Maybe.
    >>
    >> > i presume if i want to take full advantage multiple
    >> > outgoing i need to buy separately somehting like
    >> > a grandstream

    >> A Grandstream what?
    >>
    >> > am i learning , trying hard here to get to grips
    >> > with this technology

    >> I know. Technology can be difficult. Generally one starts a sentence
    >> with a capital letter and i by itself is usually a capital I. You will
    >> find the shift keys on your keyboard will produce these characyers if
    >> you hold one down whilst pressing the character you wish to capitalise.
    >>
    >> Full stops are customary at the end of sentences. On a UK keyboard the
    >> full stop key is just left of the ?

    >And once these skills are achieved, correct spelling is the next.

    And spelling just does not matter providing one can tell what the
    writer is on about, if doctors can get away with the numerous spelling
    mistakes and abymal hand writing that they make I am sure someone
    posting to a poxy news group can .
    , Jan 18, 2008
  6. Homeworker

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Nick wrote:
    > "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message
    >> Homeworker wrote:
    >>> da wonder of ebay
    >>>
    >>> I bought a BT VOYAGER 2500V with built in
    >>> VOIP support and telephone socket

    >> Good for you.
    >>

    >>> i presume this means no computer needs to be
    >>> on just the router at all times

    >> Correct
    >>
    >>> i presume if i use somepne like sipgate who support
    >>> multiple voip companies i can have multiple lines
    >>> phone numers incoming

    >> Maybe.
    >>
    >>> i presume if i want to take full advantage multiple
    >>> outgoing i need to buy separately somehting like
    >>> a grandstream

    >> A Grandstream what?
    >>
    >>> am i learning , trying hard here to get to grips
    >>> with this technology

    >> I know. Technology can be difficult. Generally one starts a sentence
    >> with a capital letter and i by itself is usually a capital I. You will
    >> find the shift keys on your keyboard will produce these characyers if
    >> you hold one down whilst pressing the character you wish to capitalise.
    >>
    >> Full stops are customary at the end of sentences. On a UK keyboard the
    >> full stop key is just left of the ?

    > And once these skills are achieved, correct spelling is the next.

    Oh bugger. I'll get me coat..........
    Desk Rabbit, Jan 18, 2008
  7. Homeworker

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:58:37 GMT, "Nick" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message

    >>> Good for you.

    >>> Correct

    >>> Maybe.

    >>> A Grandstream what?

    >>> I know. Technology can be difficult. Generally one starts a sentence
    >>> with a capital letter and i by itself is usually a capital I. You will
    >>> find the shift keys on your keyboard will produce these characyers if
    >>> you hold one down whilst pressing the character you wish to capitalise.
    >>>
    >>> Full stops are customary at the end of sentences. On a UK keyboard the
    >>> full stop key is just left of the ?

    >> And once these skills are achieved, correct spelling is the next.
    >>

    > And spelling just does not matter providing one can tell what the
    > writer is on about, if doctors can get away with the numerous spelling
    > mistakes and abymal hand writing that they make I am sure someone
    > posting to a poxy news group can .

    Actually Nick was quite right and I totally disagree with you. I should
    have taken more care. Just pure laziness on my part.
    Desk Rabbit, Jan 18, 2008
  8. Homeworker

    Grumpy Guest

    Desk Rabbit wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:58:37 GMT, "Nick" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message

    >>> And once these skills are achieved, correct spelling is the next.
    >>>

    >> And spelling just does not matter providing one can tell what the
    >> writer is on about, if doctors can get away with the numerous spelling
    >> mistakes and abymal hand writing that they make I am sure someone
    >> posting to a poxy news group can .

    > Actually Nick was quite right and I totally disagree with you. I should
    > have taken more care. Just pure laziness on my part.

    Does someone have to meet a certain critereon in order to recieve help
    from you? If so choose not to reply
    Grumpy, Jan 18, 2008
  9. Homeworker

    > Nick wrote:
    > > "Desk Rabbit" <> wrote in message

    > >> Good for you.

    > >> Correct

    > >> Maybe.

    > >> A Grandstream what?

    > >> I know. Technology can be difficult. Generally one starts a sentence
    > >> with a capital letter and i by itself is usually a capital I. You will
    > >> find the shift keys on your keyboard will produce these characyers if
    > >> you hold one down whilst pressing the character you wish to capitalise.
    > >>
    > >> Full stops are customary at the end of sentences. On a UK keyboard the
    > >> full stop key is just left of the ?

    > > And once these skills are achieved, correct spelling is the next.
    > >

    > Oh bugger. I'll get me coat..........

    Maybe the schools teach in a different way these days. Come to think of
    it, I recall a second cousin telling me of "Curly C (Cu) and Kicking K (Ku)"
    and thinking, what the F'in hell is he on about.

    Basic rules, like, "I" before "E", accept after "C" for example.
    A pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter. (But who remembers
    pounds and ounces?) Pints are OK, milk, beer, or that alternative
    soft drink the youngsters rave about, lager.

    Desk Rabbit, I'll join you for a swift half. (Gallon that is (4 pints)
    Nick, Jan 18, 2008
  10. Homeworker

    Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    : : And spelling just does not matter providing one can
    : : tell what the writer is on about, if doctors can get
    : : away with the numerous spelling mistakes and abymal
    : : hand writing that they make I am sure someone posting
    : : to a poxy news group can .

    Pot, kettle........

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Jan 18, 2008
  11. Homeworker

    Homeworker Guest

    Guys FFS go and gie yersell peace !!

    i find this newgroup frustrating and i am sure many others turned off by the
    constant bickering of the few , it gets boring reading the same old crap
    from
    same boring twats each day .. go get a life , if you have knowlwdge pass
    it on , if not go and masturbate to keep yourself busy

    my grammer aint perfect , my spelling aint perfect but i am a busy lad
    trying to keep the days workload under controla nd learn and grow on
    new subjects , i also have a really crappy LIGHT UP keyboard that i
    should throw back at asda as you relly need to wallop the keys ...
    i will get round to replacing one day soon but in the meantime put up or
    shut up

    In the meantime does anybody knwo of a really good BUSY forum
    about Voip where people help and contribute rather thn bicker to
    pass their day

    Homeworker, Jan 18, 2008
  12. Homeworker

    alexd Guest

    Have a look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killfile

    > In the meantime does anybody knwo of a really good BUSY forum about Voip
    > where people help and contribute rather thn bicker to pass their day

    Try searching Google for 'voip forum'. There are plenty out there to
    choose from.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:37:00 up 13 days, 12:01, 2 users, load average: 1.13, 1.23, 1.18
    alexd, Jan 18, 2008
  13. In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    >And spelling just does not matter providing one can tell what the
    >writer is on about, if doctors can get away with the numerous spelling
    >mistakes and abymal hand writing that they make I am sure someone
    >posting to a poxy news group can .

    Hey Ron, that's "poxy forum" to you ... ;-)

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Jan 19, 2008
  14. Homeworker

    Nick Guest

    Nick wrote:

    Not me.

    > Basic rules, like, "I" before "E", accept after "C" for example.

    A heinous error. One hopes that you will consider your conscience
    before indulging in further spelling trolls.
    Nick, Jan 20, 2008
  15. Homeworker

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Grumpy wrote:
    > Desk Rabbit wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> And spelling just does not matter providing one can tell what the
    >>> writer is on about, if doctors can get away with the numerous spelling
    >>> mistakes and abymal hand writing that they make I am sure someone
    >>> posting to a poxy news group can .

    >> Actually Nick was quite right and I totally disagree with you. I
    >> should have taken more care. Just pure laziness on my part.

    > Does someone have to meet a certain critereon in order to recieve help
    > from you?

    Yes they have to spell critereon as criterion and recieve as receive so
    you fail.

    > If so choose not to reply

    Reply deleted
    Desk Rabbit, Jan 21, 2008
  16. Homeworker

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Homeworker wrote:
    > Guys FFS go and gie yersell peace !!
    >
    > i find this newgroup frustrating and i am sure many others turned off by the
    > constant bickering of the few , it gets boring reading the same old crap
    > from
    > same boring twats each day .. go get a life , if you have knowlwdge pass
    > it on , if not go and masturbate to keep yourself busy

    Actually, for the record, a badly written message is hard work to read
    and as none of us get paid to help, why should we waste time trying to
    figure out WTF you are trying to say and help you when you can't even be
    bothered to write a question in plain simple English?

    > my grammer aint perfect , my spelling aint perfect but i am a busy lad
    > trying to keep the days workload under controla nd learn and grow on
    > new subjects , i also have a really crappy LIGHT UP keyboard that i
    > should throw back at asda as you relly need to wallop the keys ...
    > i will get round to replacing one day soon but in the meantime put up or
    > shut up

    A poor workman blames his tools...... But then anyone who buys their
    computer hardware from a grocer gets all they deserve.

    > In the meantime does anybody knwo of a really good BUSY forum
    > about Voip where people help and contribute rather thn bicker to
    > pass their day

    If such a thing existed, this newsgroup would be empty. Try Google.
    Desk Rabbit, Jan 21, 2008
  17. Homeworker

    Grumpy Guest

    Desk Rabbit wrote:
    > Grumpy wrote:
    >> Desk Rabbit wrote:

    >>> Actually Nick was quite right and I totally disagree with you. I
    >>> should have taken more care. Just pure laziness on my part.

    >> Does someone have to meet a certain critereon in order to recieve help
    >> from you?

    > Yes they have to spell critereon as criterion and recieve as receive so
    > you fail.
    >
    >> If so choose not to reply

    > Reply deleted

    The idea of this forum is to inform or help people who who seek advice,
    It is not here to score points by those who feel superior.
    I chose to follow your example in my reply by making a spelling mistake.
    My previous suggestion stands "If so choose not to reply"
    Grumpy, Jan 21, 2008
  18. Homeworker

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Grumpy wrote:
    > Desk Rabbit wrote:
    >> Grumpy wrote:

    >>> Does someone have to meet a certain critereon in order to recieve
    >>> help from you?

    >> Yes they have to spell critereon as criterion and recieve as receive
    >> so you fail.
    >>
    >>> If so choose not to reply

    >> Reply deleted

    > The idea of this forum is to inform or help people who who seek advice,

    Err, this is a newsgroup. Ivor!!!! :)

    > It is not here to score points by those who feel superior.

    Totally agree. But also if you are going to ask a question and ask for
    free advice at no cost from volunteers who take time out of their day to
    try and help for free and at no cost, at least have the gumption and
    politeness to write the message in a legible form so you don't make
    reading it a chore. That's all I'm saying.

    > I chose to follow your example in my reply by making a spelling mistake.

    Er, mistakes(s) I think you'll find.

    > My previous suggestion stands "If so choose not to reply"

    My two cents: Newbies need to learn and if we just ignore the top
    posters, the poor spellers, the people who think it's OK to use SMS TXT
    shorthand and the grammar destroyers, newsgroups will be the worse for it.
    Desk Rabbit, Jan 22, 2008
  19. Homeworker

    Grumpy Guest

    Desk Rabbit wrote:
    > Grumpy wrote:
    >> Desk Rabbit wrote:

    >>> Yes they have to spell critereon as criterion and recieve as receive
    >>> so you fail.

    >>> Reply deleted

    >> The idea of this forum is to inform or help people who who seek advice,

    > Err, this is a newsgroup. Ivor!!!! :)
    >
    >> It is not here to score points by those who feel superior.

    > Totally agree. But also if you are going to ask a question and ask for
    > free advice at no cost from volunteers who take time out of their day to
    > try and help for free and at no cost, at least have the gumption and
    > politeness to write the message in a legible form so you don't make
    > reading it a chore. That's all I'm saying.

    Your original reply to the op was patronizing and demeaning.

    >> I chose to follow your example in my reply by making a spelling mistake.

    > Er, mistakes(s) I think you'll find.

    Are you suggesting that when you make a mistake its just a slip up, but
    when others do it it invalidates the point they are trying to make.

    >> My previous suggestion stands "If so choose not to reply"

    > My two cents: Newbies need to learn and if we just ignore the top
    > posters, the poor spellers, the people who think it's OK to use SMS TXT
    > shorthand and the grammar destroyers, newsgroups will be the worse for it.

    The aims of your "two cents" are not unreasonable. The manner in which
    you tried to achieve it are deplorable.
    The answer you gave him tried neither to help nor inform the op.
    If you require someone to take more care with thier spelling or a better
    explanation of thier problem, then you must take more care in the way
    you request it.
    If the op chooses to ignore your request or that of the first poster
    that makes such a request, all those of a similar mind as yourself
    "choose not to reply"
    Grumpy, Jan 22, 2008
  20. Homeworker

    Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:32:36 +0000, Desk Rabbit <>
    wrote:

    >Err, this is a newsgroup. Ivor!!!! :)

    This is a FORUM Ivor if you don't like then tough .

    >My two cents: Newbies need to learn and if we just ignore the top

    But not from your stupid hang ups re spammers and Sipgate etc etc .
    >posters, the poor spellers, the people who think it's OK to use SMS TXT
    >shorthand and the grammar destroyers, newsgroups will be the worse for it.

    So WHAT ! if you don't like it then bugger off .
    , Jan 22, 2008