BT Voyager 2100 ???

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by The Caretaker, May 5, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    I have a BT Voyager 2100 on a BT line with NTL as my ADSL ISP. All
    works well, with the Voyager connected to the desktop via LAN and
    supplying a wireless AP for another desktop and some laptops, with the
    AP, Internet and file sharing all working most excellently at present.

    However, to adjust any settings on the router or AP one has to use the
    website voyager.home which, for some reason unknown to me, is now
    refusing to play ball, and is unavailable. I have made no system
    changes recently. Despite numerous re-boots, power cycles and
    refreshes, flushes of cache and fiddling with security settings I still
    get a "Page cannot be displayed" error message ....

    We use Win XP and Internet Explorer, though the settings page also
    doesn't work in Deepnet Explorer or Mozilla Firebird either.

    Anyone any clues?

    Can a BT Voyager 2100 be configured via the desktop without recourse to
    the website (http://voyager.home/main.html) ?

    If so how would I go about doing this?

    Again, everything works, the wireless side is protected to WPA level and
    has all the mac addresses I need at the moment to 'lock' the equipment
    down. Howver, we are soon to take delivery of another laptop and I'll
    need to configure the mac addresses to enable the new laptop to connect
    to the wireless network and AP, so it's going to become a serious issue
    pretty soon.

    Regards,

    --
    The Caretaker .........

    The Caretaker, May 5, 2005

  2. The Caretaker

    James Guest

    "The Caretaker" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a BT Voyager 2100 on a BT line with NTL as my ADSL ISP. All works
    > well, with the Voyager connected to the desktop via LAN and supplying a
    > wireless AP for another desktop and some laptops, with the AP, Internet
    > and file sharing all working most excellently at present.
    >
    > However, to adjust any settings on the router or AP one has to use the
    > website voyager.home which, for some reason unknown to me, is now refusing
    > to play ball, and is unavailable. I have made no system changes recently.
    > Despite numerous re-boots, power cycles and refreshes, flushes of cache
    > and fiddling with security settings I still get a "Page cannot be
    > displayed" error message ....
    >
    > We use Win XP and Internet Explorer, though the settings page also doesn't
    > work in Deepnet Explorer or Mozilla Firebird either.
    >
    > Anyone any clues?
    >
    > Can a BT Voyager 2100 be configured via the desktop without recourse to
    > the website (http://voyager.home/main.html) ?
    >
    > If so how would I go about doing this?
    >
    > Again, everything works, the wireless side is protected to WPA level and
    > has all the mac addresses I need at the moment to 'lock' the equipment
    > down. Howver, we are soon to take delivery of another laptop and I'll
    > need to configure the mac addresses to enable the new laptop to connect to
    > the wireless network and AP, so it's going to become a serious issue
    > pretty soon.

    i also use a 2100 and cant get onto it via http://voyager.home either. Im
    sure ive gotten in it in the past with some combination of voyager and home
    but i forget it for now.
    You could alternativly connect via its ip address (default
    http://192.168.1.1 ) or going into your network settings should show a
    device called "BT Voyager 2100" which if you double click will bring up the
    router control panel.

    James, May 5, 2005

  3. James wrote:
    > "The Caretaker" <> wrote in message

    >>However, to adjust any settings on the router or AP one has to use the
    >>website voyager.home which, for some reason unknown to me, is now refusing
    >>to play ball, and is unavailable. I have made no system changes recently.
    >>Despite numerous re-boots, power cycles and refreshes, flushes of cache
    >>and fiddling with security settings I still get a "Page cannot be
    >>displayed" error message ....

    > i also use a 2100 and cant get onto it via http://voyager.home either. Im
    > sure ive gotten in it in the past with some combination of voyager and home
    > but i forget it for now.

    voyager.home did it when we first set it up and has worked since, 'till
    yesterday.

    > You could alternativly connect via its ip address (default
    > http://192.168.1.1 )

    Works well, thank you so much. I am now a much happier bunny.

    > or going into your network settings should show a
    > device called "BT Voyager 2100" which if you double click will bring up the
    > router control panel.

    Nope, not a go-er. As I said, I have no local control over the unit.

    When it came we simply hooked it up as per the instructions and
    navigated to voyager.home, didn't even need a driver etc. I guess if I
    looked in the box it'd have a setup cd which should be able to be used.
    Thanks for the reply, you're a star. :)

    --
    The Caretaker .........

    The Caretaker, May 6, 2005