    they're locked to BT, then obviously that's no-use!

    Cheers,

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Aug 5, 2008

  2. On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:21:16 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    <> wrote:

    >Has anyone used these? Or managed to get them to with the a service
    >other than BTs... They do seem to good to be true - at the price, but if
    >they're locked to BT, then obviously that's no-use!

    The 1000 is locked to BT. I suspect the 2000 is the same, but don't
    know for sure.

    Darren J Longhorn, Aug 6, 2008

  3. In article <>,
    Darren J Longhorn <> wrote:
    >On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:21:16 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Has anyone used these? Or managed to get them to with the a service
    >>other than BTs... They do seem to good to be true - at the price, but if
    >>they're locked to BT, then obviously that's no-use!

    >The 1000 is locked to BT. I suspect the 2000 is the same, but don't
    >know for sure.

    Have done a lot of searches since I posted that... And although it's
    locked, there is a way to thwart it, so I ordered a pair for 50 quid and
    am going to have a play :)

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Aug 6, 2008
  4. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 08:33:29 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >Darren J Longhorn <> wrote:
    >>On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 15:21:16 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    >><> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Has anyone used these? Or managed to get them to with the a service
    >>>other than BTs... They do seem to good to be true - at the price, but if
    >>>they're locked to BT, then obviously that's no-use!

    >>The 1000 is locked to BT. I suspect the 2000 is the same, but don't
    >>know for sure.

    >Have done a lot of searches since I posted that... And although it's
    >locked, there is a way to thwart it, so I ordered a pair for 50 quid and
    >am going to have a play :)

    I'd be very interested in a link to the thwarting mechanism.

    Darren J Longhorn, Aug 6, 2008
  5. In article <>,
    Darren J Longhorn <> wrote:
    >On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 08:33:29 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >>Darren J Longhorn <> wrote:

    >>>The 1000 is locked to BT. I suspect the 2000 is the same, but don't
    >>>know for sure.

    >>Have done a lot of searches since I posted that... And although it's
    >>locked, there is a way to thwart it, so I ordered a pair for 50 quid and
    >>am going to have a play :)

    >I'd be very interested in a link to the thwarting mechanism.

    Start here:

    http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t26646.html?

    The trink would be to make sure they don't have Internet access before
    you get everything setup - so they don't auto-upgrade their firmware...

    I'll get my units tomorow, but to be useful, it looks like both sides will
    need to do the "thwarting" which might limit it's usability to one site
    only, but it'll prove a concept and I have a client who's intersted in
    video over IP, so might persuade them to fork out on a pair of something
    better - eg. the Grandstream units...

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Aug 6, 2008
  6. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008 15:47:13 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    <> wrote:

    >Start here:
    >
    > http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/t26646.html?
    >
    >The trink would be to make sure they don't have Internet access before
    >you get everything setup - so they don't auto-upgrade their firmware...
    >
    >I'll get my units tomorow, but to be useful, it looks like both sides will
    >need to do the "thwarting" which might limit it's usability to one site
    >only, but it'll prove a concept and I have a client who's intersted in
    >video over IP, so might persuade them to fork out on a pair of something
    >better - eg. the Grandstream units...

    Interesting stuff. Looks like they only got H.263 and G.711 going,
    which is a pity, the H.264 and G.722.2 are the best thing about those
    phones.

    Darren J Longhorn, Aug 6, 2008