    night.

    Sipgate to Sipgate calls are fine, as are Sipgate to BT calls.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 1, 2010

  2. In article <>,
    Ivor Jones <> wrote:

    >I'm getting reports that calls from the PSTN to my Sipgate and Gradwell
    >numbers are generating a message "This is a BT announcement; the
    >telephone network is busy at the moment, please try again later"
    >
    >Does anyone have any idea what's causing this..? I tried it from my own
    >BT line with the same result, calls from mobiles are hit & miss, some
    >get through and some don't, but they never do from BT, since late last
    >night.
    >
    >Sipgate to Sipgate calls are fine, as are Sipgate to BT calls.

    You've heard about the fire in the BT exchange in London, I presume?

    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/31/burne_house_burns/

    etc.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Apr 1, 2010

  3. Ivor Jones

    Ivor Jones Guest

    On 01/04/10 10:12, Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > Ivor Jones<> wrote:
    >>
    >> I'm getting reports that calls from the PSTN to my Sipgate and Gradwell
    >> numbers are generating a message "This is a BT announcement; the
    >> telephone network is busy at the moment, please try again later"
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any idea what's causing this..? I tried it from my own
    >> BT line with the same result, calls from mobiles are hit& miss, some
    >> get through and some don't, but they never do from BT, since late last
    >> night.
    >>
    >> Sipgate to Sipgate calls are fine, as are Sipgate to BT calls.

    > You've heard about the fire in the BT exchange in London, I presume?
    >
    > http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/31/burne_house_burns/
    >
    > etc.
    >
    > Gordon

    Ah, that might explain things..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Apr 1, 2010
  4. "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > I'm getting reports that calls from the PSTN to my Sipgate and Gradwell
    > numbers are generating a message "This is a BT announcement; the telephone
    > network is busy at the moment, please try again later"
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea what's causing this..? I tried it from my own BT
    > line with the same result, calls from mobiles are hit & miss, some get
    > through and some don't, but they never do from BT, since late last night.
    >
    > Sipgate to Sipgate calls are fine, as are Sipgate to BT calls.
    >
    > Ivor

    My BT to Sipgate are Ok but see post "A fire... and flood... at BT
    Paddington node". by Martin Jay yesterday.

    Peter

    Peter Andrews, Apr 1, 2010
  5. Ivor Jones

    Mizter T Guest

    [follow-ups to uk.telecom restored]

    On Apr 1, 9:45 am, Ivor Jones <> wrote:
    > I'm getting reports that calls from the PSTN to my Sipgate and Gradwell
    > numbers are generating a message "This is a BT announcement; the
    > telephone network is busy at the moment, please try again later"
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea what's causing this..? I tried it from my own
    > BT line with the same result, calls from mobiles are hit & miss, some
    > get through and some don't, but they never do from BT, since late last
    > night.
    >
    > Sipgate to Sipgate calls are fine, as are Sipgate to BT calls.

    Flood and fire at a major BT node (exchange) in Paddington, London -
    see:
    <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/31/burne_house_burns/>
    and
    <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/01/bt_burne/>

    Mizter T, Apr 1, 2010
  6. "Mizter T" <> wrote in message
    > Flood and fire at a major BT node (exchange) in Paddington, London -
    > see:
    > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/31/burne_house_burns/>
    > and
    > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/01/bt_burne/>

    Makes the banner on the BT Openreach website even more amusing:

    "Keeping the nation connected"

    Apparently not this time.

    JP

    Jeremy Porteous, Apr 1, 2010
  7. Ivor Jones

    donkeydave Guest

    "Jeremy Porteous" <> wrote in message
    > "Mizter T" <> wrote in message
    > > Flood and fire at a major BT node (exchange) in Paddington, London -
    > > see:
    > > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03/31/burne_house_burns/>
    > > and
    > > <http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/04/01/bt_burne/>

    > Makes the banner on the BT Openreach website even more amusing:
    >
    > "Keeping the nation connected"
    >
    > Apparently not this time.
    >
    > JP

    Burne House ?