    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, May 25, 2006

  2. Dave Saville

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Dave Saville" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > I see the above is needed with a PAP2 for an standard BT
    > phone to be used. What exactly does than mean? How can I
    > tell? I have some that came with an old fax switch, took
    > one apart and it seems to have three wires connected.
    >
    > TIA

    The correct type of adaptor will have a ringing capacitor in it, this is
    necessary to supply ringing to the ring wire of a UK spec. phone, although
    it should be noted that not all phones (DECT cordless in particular)
    require the ring wire any more, some will ring with just the 2 wires
    connected. However it's a case of suck it and see, there doesn't seem to
    be any hard and fast rule; I bought 2 BT badged phones not long ago, one
    requires the ring wire and one doesn't..!

    Any ATA worth buying will come with the correct adaptor anyway.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 25, 2006

  3. PhilT wrote:
    > Ivor Jones wrote:
    >
    >>> Any ATA worth buying will come with the correct adaptor anyway.

    > its at the whim of the retailer. Linkysys PAP2-NA's for example do not
    > have adaptors in their box.

    Though strangely their Vonage counterparts usually come with 1.
    Thomas Kenyon, May 25, 2006
  4. Dave Saville

    PhilT Guest

    Ivor Jones wrote:

    > > Any ATA worth buying will come with the correct adaptor anyway.

    its at the whim of the retailer. Linkysys PAP2-NA's for example do not
    have adaptors in their box.

    Phil
    PhilT, May 25, 2006
  5. Dave Saville

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in
    message news:1mhdg.659$
    > PhilT wrote:

    > > its at the whim of the retailer. Linkysys PAP2-NA's for
    > > example do not have adaptors in their box.
    > >

    > Though strangely their Vonage counterparts usually come
    > with 1.

    My Fritz!Box came with 2, the Sipura 1001 had one. The Sipura 2000 didn't
    but only because I bought it direct from the US.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, May 25, 2006
  6. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Thomas Kenyon" <> wrote in
    > message news:1mhdg.659$
    >> PhilT wrote:

    >>> its at the whim of the retailer. Linkysys PAP2-NA's for
    >>> example do not have adaptors in their box.
    >>>

    >> Though strangely their Vonage counterparts usually come
    >> with 1.

    > My Fritz!Box came with 2, the Sipura 1001 had one. The Sipura 2000 didn't
    > but only because I bought it direct from the US.
    >
    > Ivor

    My Cisco 468 didn't (afaict didn't need one), the PAP2-NA's didn't, the
    Vonage ones came with 1, the Zoom X5v's came with one (only 1 port on
    them, so no hardship), the AG-468's didn't come with any (but then I did
    import them from China).

    Not really much fuss, I think I only paid a pound for them last time I
    bought one anyway.
    Thomas Kenyon, May 25, 2006
  7. Dave Saville

    tony p Guest

    Adapters available from Maplin UK.

    tony p, May 26, 2006
  8. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 15:31:41 +0200, tony p wrote:

    >Adapters available from Maplin UK.

    Thanks Tony

    What I really wanted to know was how to tell if the one just found at the back
    of a drawer had a ring circuit/capacitor. As someone else replied I guess it is
    "suck it and see".

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville