BT Converse 1400 2-Line phone

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Roger Mills, Jan 14, 2008.

  1. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    I have one of these phones (bought at a car boot sale!) with one line
    connected to BT and the other to my VoIP ATA - and it's brilliant when it
    works.

    However it has a tendancy for the LCD display to disappear or collapse to a
    single line, and needs a lot of judicious massaging to restore it.

    I would like to replace it with another of the same type, but it is a
    discontinued model and no-one seems to have any. The only 2-line corded
    phone available seems to be the ATL Delta 700 - and that doesn't come
    anywhere near the Converse 1400 for convenience of use.

    Can anyone suggest where I might get a (used, if necessary - so long as it
    works) Converse 1400? It seems to me that some firms may be replacing these
    with DECT phones . If so, what happens to the old ones?

    TIA.
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Jan 14, 2008

  2. Roger Mills

    kraftee Guest

    Roger Mills wrote:
    > I have one of these phones (bought at a car boot sale!) with one
    > line connected to BT and the other to my VoIP ATA - and it's
    > brilliant when it works.
    >
    > However it has a tendancy for the LCD display to disappear or
    > collapse to a single line, and needs a lot of judicious massaging
    > to restore it.
    > I would like to replace it with another of the same type, but it is
    > a discontinued model and no-one seems to have any. The only 2-line
    > corded phone available seems to be the ATL Delta 700 - and that
    > doesn't come anywhere near the Converse 1400 for convenience of use.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest where I might get a (used, if necessary - so
    > long as it works) Converse 1400? It seems to me that some firms may
    > be replacing these with DECT phones . If so, what happens to the
    > old ones?
    > TIA.

    A little bit obvious but have you tried Ebay....

    kraftee, Jan 14, 2008

  3. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    kraftee <Kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote:

    > Roger Mills wrote:
    >> I have one of these phones (bought at a car boot sale!) with one
    >> line connected to BT and the other to my VoIP ATA - and it's
    >> brilliant when it works.
    >>
    >> However it has a tendancy for the LCD display to disappear or
    >> collapse to a single line, and needs a lot of judicious massaging
    >> to restore it.
    >> I would like to replace it with another of the same type, but it is
    >> a discontinued model and no-one seems to have any. The only 2-line
    >> corded phone available seems to be the ATL Delta 700 - and that
    >> doesn't come anywhere near the Converse 1400 for convenience of use.
    >>
    >> Can anyone suggest where I might get a (used, if necessary - so
    >> long as it works) Converse 1400? It seems to me that some firms may
    >> be replacing these with DECT phones . If so, what happens to the
    >> old ones?
    >> TIA.

    > A little bit obvious but have you tried Ebay....

    Yes - no joy! Best I can find is a User Manual - and I already have one!

    There must surely be some outfits around which deal in second-hand telecoms
    kit - but it's knowing where to find them.
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Jan 14, 2008
  4. Roger Mills

    xCx Guest

    Roger Mills wrote:
    > In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
    > kraftee <Kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> Roger Mills wrote:
    >>> I have one of these phones (bought at a car boot sale!) with one
    >>> line connected to BT and the other to my VoIP ATA - and it's
    >>> brilliant when it works.
    >>>
    >>> However it has a tendancy for the LCD display to disappear or
    >>> collapse to a single line, and needs a lot of judicious massaging
    >>> to restore it.
    >>> I would like to replace it with another of the same type, but it is
    >>> a discontinued model and no-one seems to have any. The only 2-line
    >>> corded phone available seems to be the ATL Delta 700 - and that
    >>> doesn't come anywhere near the Converse 1400 for convenience of use.
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone suggest where I might get a (used, if necessary - so
    >>> long as it works) Converse 1400? It seems to me that some firms may
    >>> be replacing these with DECT phones . If so, what happens to the
    >>> old ones?
    >>> TIA.

    >> A little bit obvious but have you tried Ebay....

    > Yes - no joy! Best I can find is a User Manual - and I already have one!
    >
    > There must surely be some outfits around which deal in second-hand telecoms
    > kit - but it's knowing where to find them.

    I've had the same problem, have never been able to get hold of
    one, how about a converse 2025?

    --
    xCx
    *Disclaimer* My opinions are mine and I do not represent

    xCx, Jan 14, 2008
  5. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    xCx <> wrote:

    > Roger Mills wrote:
    >>
    >> There must surely be some outfits around which deal in second-hand
    >> telecoms kit - but it's knowing where to find them.

    > I've had the same problem, have never been able to get hold of
    > one, how about a converse 2025?

    Unfortunately, that's just a re-badged ATL Delta 700. It just ain't the
    same!
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Jan 14, 2008
  6. Roger Mills

    [.n] Guest

    "Roger Mills" <> wrote in message
    > In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
    > xCx <> wrote:
    >
    >> Roger Mills wrote:
    >>>
    >>> There must surely be some outfits around which deal in second-hand
    >>> telecoms kit - but it's knowing where to find them.

    >> I've had the same problem, have never been able to get hold of
    >> one, how about a converse 2025?

    > Unfortunately, that's just a re-badged ATL Delta 700. It just ain't the
    > same!

    I quite like my converse 2025 I find thse people good usually (though OOS
    for what you want atm)

    http://www.telephonesonline.co.uk/list.asp?Action=Search&Keyword=converse 1400

    HTH

    [.n], Jan 14, 2008
  7. Roger Mills

    xCx Guest

    http://www.affableaardvark.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=53589

    xCx, Jan 14, 2008
  8. Roger Mills

    kraftee Guest

    Roger Mills wrote:
    > In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
    > kraftee <Kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote:
    >
    >> Roger Mills wrote:
    >>> I have one of these phones (bought at a car boot sale!) with one
    >>> line connected to BT and the other to my VoIP ATA - and it's
    >>> brilliant when it works.
    >>>
    >>> However it has a tendancy for the LCD display to disappear or
    >>> collapse to a single line, and needs a lot of judicious massaging
    >>> to restore it.
    >>> I would like to replace it with another of the same type, but it
    >>> is a discontinued model and no-one seems to have any. The only
    >>> 2-line corded phone available seems to be the ATL Delta 700 - and
    >>> that doesn't come anywhere near the Converse 1400 for convenience
    >>> of use. Can anyone suggest where I might get a (used, if
    >>> necessary - so
    >>> long as it works) Converse 1400? It seems to me that some firms
    >>> may be replacing these with DECT phones . If so, what happens to
    >>> the old ones?
    >>> TIA.

    >> A little bit obvious but have you tried Ebay....

    > Yes - no joy! Best I can find is a User Manual - and I already have
    > one!
    > There must surely be some outfits around which deal in second-hand
    > telecoms kit - but it's knowing where to find them.

    One look does not make a complete search, if you really wanted it you
    would search at various times of day as auctions are coming & going
    all the time. It's taken me 3 months to find something I was after &
    last night the perfect example showed up & I bought it.

    Moral is to search & keep searching & not giveup after the first
    attempt..

    kraftee, Jan 14, 2008
  9. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    xCx <> wrote:

    > Roger Mills wrote:
    >> In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
    >> xCx <> wrote:

    >>> I've had the same problem, have never been able to get hold of
    >>> one, how about a converse 2025?

    >> Unfortunately, that's just a re-badged ATL Delta 700. It just ain't
    >> the same!

    > http://www.affableaardvark.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=53589

    Thanks - I'll check them out tomorrow to see whether they've actually got
    any.
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger

    Roger Mills, Jan 14, 2008
  10. Roger Mills

    Graham. Guest

    "kraftee" <Kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote in message
    > Roger Mills wrote:
    >> In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
    >> kraftee <Kraftee@b&e-cottee.me.uk> wrote:

    >>> A little bit obvious but have you tried Ebay....

    >> Yes - no joy! Best I can find is a User Manual - and I already have
    >> one!
    >> There must surely be some outfits around which deal in second-hand
    >> telecoms kit - but it's knowing where to find them.

    > One look does not make a complete search, if you really wanted it you
    > would search at various times of day as auctions are coming & going all
    > the time. It's taken me 3 months to find something I was after & last
    > night the perfect example showed up & I bought it.
    >
    > Moral is to search & keep searching & not giveup after the first attempt..

    And set up email alerts with a well worded search strings.
    That's how I found the obsolete gas valve for my old boiler,
    or rather it found me.
    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jan 14, 2008
  11. Roger Mills

    Roger Mills Guest

    Roger Mills <> wrote:

    > In an earlier contribution to this discussion,
    > xCx <> wrote:
    >

    >> http://www.affableaardvark.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=53589

    > Thanks - I'll check them out tomorrow to see whether they've actually
    > got any.

    It's as I feared - it's shown on their website, but they haven't actually
    got any - and can't get any more!
    --
    Cheers,
    Roger