bt-compatible / cordless/ skype phones

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Jeremy, Apr 29, 2007.

  1. Jeremy

    Jeremy Guest

    Any recommendations? Have a single BT line here and would like to have
    a pair of cordless handsets able to be used either as Skype or regular
    phones.

    And while I'm at it, any recommendation for a pair of webcams - only
    needed for video conferencing over skype etc. ?

    --
    jeremy
     
    Jeremy, Apr 29, 2007
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Jeremy

    Mr Man Guest

    Jeremy wrote:
    > Any recommendations? Have a single BT line here and would like to have
    > a pair of cordless handsets able to be used either as Skype or regular
    > phones.
    >
    > And while I'm at it, any recommendation for a pair of webcams - only
    > needed for video conferencing over skype etc. ?
    >

    Skype? What's that? ... This is a VoIP newsgroup :D
     
    Mr Man, May 1, 2007
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Jeremy

    Nick Guest

    "Mr Man" <> wrote in message
    news:f161ta$gcc$2surf.net...
    > Jeremy wrote:
    > > Any recommendations? Have a single BT line here and would like to have
    > > a pair of cordless handsets able to be used either as Skype or regular
    > > phones.
    > >
    > > And while I'm at it, any recommendation for a pair of webcams - only
    > > needed for video conferencing over skype etc. ?
    > >

    > Skype? What's that? ... This is a VoIP newsgroup :D


    You'll regret posting that. I did something similar the other day
    and got flamed.
     
    Nick, May 1, 2007
    #3
  4. Jeremy

    Chris Davies Guest

    Mr Man <> wrote:
    > Skype? What's that? ... This is a VoIP newsgroup :D


    What's Skype if it isn't Voice over IP?
    Chris
     
    Chris Davies, May 1, 2007
    #4
  5. Jeremy

    Jon Guest

    declared for all the world to hear...
    > Mr Man <> wrote:
    > > Skype? What's that? ... This is a VoIP newsgroup :D

    >
    > What's Skype if it isn't Voice over IP?
    > Chris


    Skype is to VoIP what AOL is to Internet Service Provision.

    IMHO of course.

    SIP all the way!
    --
    Regards
    Jon
     
    Jon, May 1, 2007
    #5
  6. Jeremy

    Chris Davies Guest

    Jon <> wrote:
    > Skype is to VoIP what AOL is to Internet Service Provision.


    Actually these days AOL seems to be a pretty good ISP. It was one of
    the last to stop offering true unlimited broadband, for example.

    Chris
     
    Chris Davies, May 2, 2007
    #6
  7. Jeremy

    JW Guest

    Jeremy wrote:
    > Any recommendations? Have a single BT line here and would like to have
    > a pair of cordless handsets able to be used either as Skype or regular
    > phones.
    >
    > And while I'm at it, any recommendation for a pair of webcams - only
    > needed for video conferencing over skype etc. ?
    >


    Some of the new dual-purpose phones can be used for Skype
    without a PC connection. The Dualphone 3088 is one.

    Others needs a USB connection for the Skype calls. These
    should be a bit cheaper.

    If you go here and select the option for Phones, you'll see
    what's available for Skype (other suppliers will have them
    too.)
    http://accessories.skype.com/

    I note there's one with a free webcam!
     
    JW, May 2, 2007
    #7
  8. Jeremy

    Soruk Guest

    On Wed, 2 May 2007 09:02:21 +0100, Chris Davies <> wrote:
    >Jon <> wrote:
    >> Skype is to VoIP what AOL is to Internet Service Provision.

    >
    >Actually these days AOL seems to be a pretty good ISP. It was one of
    >the last to stop offering true unlimited broadband, for example.


    AOL UK is now part of Carphone Warehouse. I don't see it remaining a
    pretty good ISP for much longer.

    --
    -- Michael "Soruk" McConnell Eridani Star System
    MailStripper - http://www.MailStripper.eu/ - SMTP spam filter
    Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email
    Second Number - http://secondnumber.matrixnetwork.co.uk/
     
    Soruk, May 3, 2007
    #8
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. JANA
    Replies:
    12
    Views:
    1,362
    Princess Antonomasia
    Mar 30, 2005
  2. joseph
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    1,375
  3. JANA
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    889
    Damian
    Mar 29, 2005
  4. Knowing About
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    691
    Knowing About
    Aug 15, 2006
  5. JANA
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    758
    Damian
    Mar 29, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page