    John Owens
    www.goodviews.co.uk
    Fax +44 1509 890822

    John Owens, Jan 20, 2006

  2. John Owens

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "John Owens" <> wrote in
    message
    news:43d0a1f7$0$26017$-secrets.com
    > Is this a VOIP service ?
    >
    > Is it going to get to the point where one can dial into
    > it using a telephone 'number' ?

    Never heard of it. Do you have a link..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jan 20, 2006

  3. On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:52:03 +0000, Ivor Jones wrote:

    > "John Owens" <> wrote in
    > message
    >> Is this a VOIP service ?
    >>
    >> Is it going to get to the point where one can dial into
    >> it using a telephone 'number' ?

    > Never heard of it. Do you have a link..?
    >
    > Ivor

    It is quite hard to miss if you use Yahoo Messenger!

    Try
    http://www.bt.com/btcommunicator/index.jsp
    or
    http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/btc.html

    You can make calls from your PC and have them billed to your BT account.
    Calls to some destinations are not charged at all. If you pay for
    internet call waiting then you can also use it to receive
    calls that were made to your BT line.

    Steve.

    Steven Sumpter, Jan 20, 2006
  4. John Owens

    PeterW Guest

    Steven Sumpter <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:52:03 +0000, Ivor Jones wrote:
    >

    >> "John Owens" <> wrote in
    >> message
    >>> Is this a VOIP service ?
    >>>
    >>> Is it going to get to the point where one can dial into
    >>> it using a telephone 'number' ?

    >> Never heard of it. Do you have a link..?
    >>
    >> Ivor

    > It is quite hard to miss if you use Yahoo Messenger!
    >
    > Try
    > http://www.bt.com/btcommunicator/index.jsp
    > or
    > http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/btc.html
    >
    > You can make calls from your PC and have them billed to your BT account.
    > Calls to some destinations are not charged at all. If you pay for
    > internet call waiting then you can also use it to receive
    > calls that were made to your BT line.
    >
    > Steve.

    It uses standard SIP via an outbound proxy. Outgoing calls work just fine
    and appear on your BT bill. I have it working fine with Asterisk 1.2, but
    you do need to trace the traffic using Ethereal to get your outbound proxy
    account name which has a few extra characters on your SIP user name.

    No inbound though (unless you pay for Internet Call Waiting) and I have not
    tried this so don't know if it's normal SIP or not.

    Peter

    PeterW, Jan 20, 2006
  5. John Owens

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Steven Sumpter" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:52:03 +0000, Ivor Jones wrote:
    >

    > > "John Owens" <> wrote in
    > > message
    > > > Is this a VOIP service ?
    > > >
    > > > Is it going to get to the point where one can dial
    > > > into it using a telephone 'number' ?

    > > Never heard of it. Do you have a link..?
    > >
    > > Ivor

    > It is quite hard to miss if you use Yahoo Messenger!

    It doesn't show on the contacts window, which is the only part of YM I
    ever see..!

    > Try
    > http://www.bt.com/btcommunicator/index.jsp
    > or
    > http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/btc.html
    >
    > You can make calls from your PC and have them billed to
    > your BT account. Calls to some destinations are not
    > charged at all. If you pay for internet call waiting
    > then you can also use it to receive
    > calls that were made to your BT line.

    Thanks.

    Ivor