    --
    Chris Green
    , Apr 9, 2008

  2. In article <47fc9cd4$0$757$>,
    <> wrote:
    >I have recently installed ADSL on our business phone line and have the
    >BT provided "Business Hub" as the router, it's a 2Wire router.
    >
    >I wasn't aiming to use the VOIP through this router as it's really
    >only a backup ADSL and our main ADSL connection is Enta and uses a
    >Speedtouch 716WL router.
    >
    >However, I'm having problems getting the VOIP on the Speedtouch
    >working (see my other posting about this) and was wondering if I might
    >be able to set up the VOIP on the BT router to my existing VOIP
    >providers to help diagnose my problem(s).
    >
    >Is the VOIP on the business hub locked on to a particular provider
    >and/or is it possible to unlock it?

    I've hever had hands-on with one of these, but their "Home Hubs"
    certianly block VoIP. (probably because it provides it's own VoIP) I
    think it's at the router level though, so change the router and off you
    go, or work out if you can get into their control panel and disable it.

    Let us know what you find out...

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Apr 9, 2008

  3. Guest

    Turandot <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    > > I have recently installed ADSL on our business phone line and have the
    > > BT provided "Business Hub" as the router, it's a 2Wire router.
    > >
    > > I wasn't aiming to use the VOIP through this router as it's really
    > > only a backup ADSL and our main ADSL connection is Enta and uses a
    > > Speedtouch 716WL router.
    > >
    > > However, I'm having problems getting the VOIP on the Speedtouch
    > > working (see my other posting about this) and was wondering if I might
    > > be able to set up the VOIP on the BT router to my existing VOIP
    > > providers to help diagnose my problem(s).
    > >
    > > Is the VOIP on the business hub locked on to a particular provider
    > > and/or is it possible to unlock it?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Chris Green

    > The BT Business hub my friend had was locked to BT VOIP, you can change
    > username etc except the voip registration server address. I googled this
    > issue and found some versions of these hubs can be cracked but some were
    > unusable afterwards.

    Thanks all. If I was desparate I might consider trying to change it
    but I've ordered some Siemens C475IP phones which bypass the need for
    a VOIP router altogether so I don't need to do it now.

    --
    Chris Green
    , Apr 10, 2008