    Phil Guest

    I have been looking at there £4.99/month free off peak calls tariff. Does
    the £4.99 replace my BT line rental or is it as well as the normal rental?

    Phil, Jun 8, 2005

  2. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:42a63d71$0$32626$...
    >I have been looking at there £4.99/month free off peak calls tariff. Does
    >the £4.99 replace my BT line rental or is it as well as the normal
    >rental?

    If you have a BT line you have to pay the rental for it, sorry..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 8, 2005

  3. On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 01:36:16 +0100, "Phil" <> wrote:

    > Does
    >the £4.99 replace my BT line rental or is it as well as the normal rental?

    it only replaces the line rental if you get rid of the line and have
    an alternatrive broadband connection eg cable or wireless.

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !

    Phil Thompson, Jun 8, 2005
  4. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Looks like a waste of time then. Thanks anyway.

    Phil, Jun 8, 2005
  5. "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > Looks like a waste of time then. Thanks anyway.

    It's BT's attempt to attract cable customers, without needing to provide a
    line.

    The Cable Guy, Jun 8, 2005
  6. On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:25:00 +0100, "Phil" <> wrote:

    >Looks like a waste of time then.

    for you, probably. Fro people with non-BT broadband connections, or
    wanting a second line at a lower cost it has a place.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Jun 8, 2005