    Thanks in advance
    Chris G @ Home

    , May 8, 2006

  2. alex Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have BT Fusion using the supplied Inventel router. I recently took
    > up BT's offer of 'free' Broadband Talk with BT Internet Option 4 and
    > they sent me a new 05600 number.
    >
    > Trouble is, I don't seem to be able to use this router for the
    > service. I tried calling about a million customer service departments
    > in BT (you know the story!) and was eventually told that Fusion and
    > Broadband Talk are incompatible. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    > Chris G @ Home

    You should have got a piece of CPE with your BBTalk service? In particular
    you need the 10V adaptor. If you have a router, this wont work because the
    Inventel in a router as well.

    The 10v plugs into an ethernet socket. Providing there're adequate
    bandwidth in your BB session, about 45kbps for each of the VoiP sessions, it
    should in theory work OK.

    Alex

    alex, May 11, 2006

  3. Thanks Alex,

    I asked them to send a 10v adapter out to me and it hasn't arrived
    yet. That was over a week ago so I hope they haven't forgotten ;->
    Are you saying I should plug the 10v adapter into my ethernet switch
    or router?

    Thanks
    Chris

    Chris G @ Home, May 13, 2006
  4. alex Guest

    Yes, either, it plugs into any free 10/100 port and gets assigned an IP
    address from the local DHCP, assume on your router. You just need to make
    sure you connect it the right way round as it acts as a thru port as well.

    I'd give them another call - they have sent you something anyway in the
    first place...

    Cheers

    Alex

    alex, May 18, 2006
  5. Received the 10v adapter and got it all up and running today!
    Connections as follows....

    10v adapter to existing network switch
    Network switch to BT Fusion routers ethernet port
    PC to 10v adapter (Temporary just to set the adapter up)
    Telephone to 10v adapter
    Network and Ethernet lights should be lit on the adapter

    Log in to Broadband Talk to configure adapter
    Adapter configured successfully and resets
    Unplug PC from adapter and plug back into network switch (Assigning
    new IP address on the home network)

    Bob's your mothers brother, it works fine.

    Cheers for the positive info Alex!

    Never, never, ever believe what BT tell you when you call for help!
    Incompatible indeed!

    Thanks
    Chris

    Chris G @ Home, May 20, 2006
  6. Alex Guest

    Excellent news! The PC temporary setup bit is a bit of a thrower isn't, but
    worth the pain once it works. Remember to connect the other connector to
    your normal phone line if poss, so if BB goes or power fails it latches over
    so you can make emergency calls. Also receives incoming calls to your
    normal PSTN line on the VoiP phone...

    Alex, May 23, 2006