BT Broadband Talk SIP

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Dave Saville, Jan 14, 2008.

  1. Dave Saville

    Dave Saville Guest

    Someone here a week or so ago kindly told me how to "dial" a BT home
    hub from a SIP phone. I tried this today, having just found out the
    hubs IP, and it works! Thank you whoever it was.

    So my second question is the other way around. How does one do it
    *from* a home hub?

    Third question. The other week my friend with said home hub got an
    email from BT saying that their "improved" security had changed the
    password on the hub from the default "admin" to the serial number of
    the hub. He then had to login to the hub and set a new password. Which
    was done and of course no one can remember the new password. Now the
    docs on BT's site, which I am doubtfull about because they still say
    admin/admin, say if you lose the password reset the hub to factory
    default. Has anyone ever done this and how much faffing about do you
    have to do afterwards? For example I assume you have to reregister the
    phone etc. Does it still connect after the reset or do you need to
    trawl through loads of settings you can't make a note of because
    that's why you reset the darn thing in the first place.

    TIA
    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

    Dave Saville, Jan 14, 2008

  2. Dave Saville

    David Brown Guest

    On 14 Jan 2008 22:25:07 GMT, "Dave Saville" <>
    wrote:

    >Someone here a week or so ago kindly told me how to "dial" a BT home
    >hub from a SIP phone. I tried this today, having just found out the
    >hubs IP, and it works! Thank you whoever it was.

    It is useful!

    >So my second question is the other way around. How does one do it
    >*from* a home hub?

    You can't directly call sip addresses from the hubphone. You could,
    however, use the services of Sipbroker.com and through dialling a
    (presumably) local rate access number then enter a string of digits to
    call a sip address. Sipbroker also provide an alias service to permit
    a number to map to an alphanumeric SIP address, thus removing one of
    the limitations of using an old fashioned telephone in the world of
    SIP.

    dave
    David Brown, Jan 17, 2008